• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Soccer Coach Jay Vidovich Gone

WakeForestRanger

Reaction score
@Jamiebgoldberg: My sources have confirmed that Timbers will hire Wake Forest coach Jay Vidovich to be the head coach of T2. Big add for organization #RCTID

Big blow to our soccer program.

Shit. That's MLS, I assume? What is T2?

Best of luck to him in his new endeavors, we will miss him sorely.

Hope T2 doesn't play any teams with Virginia players on the roster.

http://www.timbers.com/t2/2014/10/portland-timbers-announce-usl-pro-team-t2

The Portland Timbers today announced that the club has formed Timbers 2 (to be referred to as T2), a professional team that will compete in USL PRO, a division of US Soccer below Major League Soccer.

T2 will begin competing in USL PRO during the 2015 season and play their home games at Merlo Field on the campus of the University of Portland. The team will train at the club’s adidas Timbers Training Center in Beaverton, Ore.

Hopefully he does us a solid and tells us who to hire on his way out. Can't say I have any faith that anyone in the athletic department is particularly knowledgeable about anything related to soccer.

That may not be a bad thing. Anyone have an old buddy in Ohio or CO with soccer ties?

Bring Lobo and Grobe back- they can handle a game where 3 is a lot of points.

Jesus soooo minor league to the MLS is really a step up from Wake Forest?

One would not think so...and I'd have thought he would have been able to get a MLS job if he wanted one.

Sucks. . .but he has left us with a solid program which should be able to attract a good hire.

Akron has a good program. Ron's MAC raid continues

Back