Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Closed Thread and One Day ban for TAB

  1. #1
    Resident Astrophysicist
    TWDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    21,777
    Blog Entries
    1

    Closed Thread and One Day ban for TAB

    I closed the thread about anonymous rep because it had just turned into a pissing match.

    TAB got a one day ban for using a racist term in a negrep to RJ. We've said it before and we'll say it again, this kind of stuff is an actionable offense.

    Stop being dicks to each other.

  2. #2
    we can't be dicks to each other? Well poo

  3. #3
    I can't believe that TAB would say something racist.
    Mother So Dear '12

  4. #4
    I'm not sure what's going on with toogs cat, but IMO, he is clearly in violation of the don't be a d-bag rule. It's like he and some of his e-crew are trolling those they don't consider cool enough. It is very sophomoric. When I first started posting, this (scout) was a very friendly place. These guys have decided though to ruin that for presumably their own amusement. And only 1 day ban for TAB? Joke.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TWDeac View Post
    I closed the thread about anonymous rep because it had just turned into a pissing match.

    TAB got a one day ban for using a racist term in a negrep to RJ. We've said it before and we'll say it again, this kind of stuff is an actionable offense.

    Stop being dicks to each other.

    1. Not racist.
    2. Not in negrep
    3. Mod issuing ban did not monitor ban as to time period.

    If you are going to levy a ban, at least use minimum level of competence and research before doing so. Its only fair to the community.

    On an editorial note, when one poster is the cause of 90% of the complaints in a particular forum, elimating the poster causing 90% of the problems will make the forum and moderation a happier endeavor for everyone. RJ has been trolling and whining for longer than any of the current moderators have been posting on this forum or another. Creating special rules for him and expecting everyone to ignore or change their habits because of him is a losing strategy. It is in effect penalizing posters who contribute to the community to placate the poster who takes the most away from it.

  6. #6
    Resident Astrophysicist
    TWDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    21,777
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTwinAndreBen View Post
    1. Not racist.
    Heeb, Hebe(U.S.) an offensive term for a Jewish person, derived from the word "Hebrew".
    2. Not in negrep
    The method of transmission does not matter
    3. Mod issuing ban did not monitor ban as to time period.
    Deal with it. You received a custom 5 point infraction which was set to expire in 24 hours. Not sure what prevented it from expiring. I'm not going to sit around at my computer all weekend to monitor the expiration of infraction points. Sorry I'm not sorry. You're boy moonz was quick to point out that it went over and handled the situation.
    If you are going to levy a ban, at least use minimum level of competence and research before doing so. Its only fair to the community.

    On an editorial note, when one poster is the cause of 90% of the complaints in a particular forum, elimating the poster causing 90% of the problems will make the forum and moderation a happier endeavor for everyone. RJ has been trolling and whining for longer than any of the current moderators have been posting on this forum or another. Creating special rules for him and expecting everyone to ignore or change their habits because of him is a losing strategy. It is in effect penalizing posters who contribute to the community to placate the poster who takes the most away from it.
    I appreciate your commentary on how to run an internet forum effectively.

  7. #7
    This TAB guy is the same person that was calling lectro's wife ugly quite a bit a few months ago. So he's a bigot and a dick, awesome.

  8. #8
    Don't think it was lectro's wife.

    Is an ethnic slur the same as a racist slur?

  9. #9
    he compared raleighdeacon's wife to adele iirc.

    TAB is just our board's version of Clerks's Randall. He finds old racist lingo, deems it not racist, and tries to "bring it back." Shine on, you crazy diamond.

  10. #10
    What's tab?

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello View Post
    he compared raleighdeacon's wife to adele iirc.

    TAB is just our board's version of Clerks's Randall. He finds old racist lingo, deems it not racist, and tries to "bring it back." Shine on, you crazy diamond.
    RACIOST

  13. #13
    LOL @ TAB still using rep (pos rep actually) to insult people.


  14. #14
    Resident Astrophysicist
    TWDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    21,777
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball State Deac View Post
    LOL @ TAB still using rep (pos rep actually) to insult people.

    This isn't a thread for you to air your grievances. Take it elsewhere, please.

  15. #15
    What is this thread for? I thought it was for the discussion of TAB's bigoted, hateful trolling. No?

  16. #16
    Resident Astrophysicist
    TWDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    21,777
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball State Deac View Post
    What is this thread for? I thought it was for the discussion of TAB's bigoted, hateful trolling. No?
    No. It is to announce what we did, not to serve as a shooting range.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTwinAndreBen View Post
    On an editorial note, when one poster is the cause of 90% of the complaints in a particular forum, elimating the poster causing 90% of the problems will make the forum and moderation a happier endeavor for everyone... Creating special rules for him and expecting everyone to ignore or change their habits because of him is a losing strategy. It is in effect penalizing posters who contribute to the community to placate the poster who takes the most away from it.
    Hhhmmm... who does this sound like you're describing?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTwinAndreBen View Post
    1. Not racist.
    2. Not in negrep
    3. Mod issuing ban did not monitor ban as to time period.

    If you are going to levy a ban, at least use minimum level of competence and research before doing so. Its only fair to the community.

    On an editorial note, when one poster is the cause of 90% of the complaints in a particular forum, elimating the poster causing 90% of the problems will make the forum and moderation a happier endeavor for everyone. RJ has been trolling and whining for longer than any of the current moderators have been posting on this forum or another. Creating special rules for him and expecting everyone to ignore or change their habits because of him is a losing strategy. It is in effect penalizing posters who contribute to the community to placate the poster who takes the most away from it.
    Those 90% of complaints come from less than ten posters (you, dv7, racer, toogs, Slim, and maybe a couple others). None of you contribute anything to the community except a whole lot of bitching. At least rj can tell you which horses to bet on.

  19. #19
    I contribute more towards footy discussion than rj does for horse racing discussion.


    SHOW ME SOME E-RESPECT OR I SHALL BE FORCED TO WRITE A STRONGLY WORDED LETTER TO THE MODERATORS ABOUT THIS GRAVE INJUSTICE.
    Football. Bloody Hell.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    Those 90% of complaints come from less than ten posters (you, dv7, racer, toogs, Slim, and maybe a couple others). None of you contribute anything to the community except a whole lot of bitching. At least rj can tell you which horses to bet on.
    what do you "contribute?"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •