• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guy Fieri's stolen Lamborghini

So if Dave Yuuuuuup Hester had bid on that locker and won would he own the stuff or would it have to be turned over?

That would have been a hell of a Stroage Wars episode.

He owns multiple restaurants and makes a ton of money from TV. He can easily afford a Lamborghini and save a lot of money for retirement.

What I don't understand is how he fits in the seats. When I was about 175, my shoulders were too big for the seats. He's a lot more than 175.

He is 45 years old with a net worth estimated at about 3.5 million. Sure that is a lot more than most people in the world, but that's not exactly a position to blow money and not save for retirement.

"Guy Fieri is an American restaurateur, author, television personality, and game show host; he has a net worth of $3.5 million. Guy Fieri has earned his net worth as co-owner of five restaurants in California and his television series on the Food Network. He was born in Columbus, Ohio; he is of both Italian and Irish ancestry. He first worked for Stouffer’s, developing restaurant concepts in Southern California."

Most of that 3.5 is caught up in his restos Im sure, which are likely worthless without his (lame) name attached. So he is trapped.

Even if you had 3.5 liquid in the bank, that is still not really enough to justify a $200K on a car.

Most of that 3.5 is caught up in his restos Im sure, which are likely worthless without his (lame) name attached. So he is trapped.

Even if you had 3.5 liquid in the bank, that is still not really enough to justify a $200K on a car.

Is this ever really justifiable? You can get the same looks of utter speechlessness from a porsche for less than half the price.

Is this ever really justifiable? You can get the same looks of utter speechlessness from a porsche for less than half the price.

Maybe if you live in east bumfuck. 911s are everywhere in big cities. In the DC area driving a Porsche is the equivalent of a Honda Accord.

What I don't understand is how he fits in the seats. When I was about 175, my shoulders were too big for the seats. He's a lot more than 175.

Good thing that the buses in LA are so much more roomy than buses anywhere else.

He could sell the restaurant with his name attached. "Guy Fieri's whatever"

Agree that he's extremely annoying and DDD is simply a great concept for a show that would have done well with just about any host. Good for him that he did so well for himself in a rather short period of time. He won The Next Food Network Star in 2006.

People who make $50k/year drive $25k cars all the time. It's not like you come out of pocket all at once to buy a car. What is your approved income-to-car-value ratio? Plus, he likely has it in one of his companies and is depreciating it as a 100% company-use asset to drive him all around the country for his Diner show (and which would net it into the $3.5 mil net worth).

Maybe if you live in east bumfuck. 911s are everywhere in big cities. In the DC area driving a Porsche is the equivalent of a Honda Accord.

Really? D.C. has one of the worst poverty rates in the US, so I would have thought an '83 Camry would be considered a luxury.

I've never spent much time in D.C. though, so I wouldn't know. I see HPU kids with Ferraris more often than necessary. Just seems ridiculous to me.

DC's surrounding areas have the highest per capita income in the country. Although it seems most people in the burbs are Porsche-rich and not Lambo-rich.

He is 45 years old with a net worth estimated at about 3.5 million. Sure that is a lot more than most people in the world, but that's not exactly a position to blow money and not save for retirement.

"Guy Fieri is an American restaurateur, author, television personality, and game show host; he has a net worth of $3.5 million. Guy Fieri has earned his net worth as co-owner of five restaurants in California and his television series on the Food Network. He was born in Columbus, Ohio; he is of both Italian and Irish ancestry. He first worked for Stouffer’s, developing restaurant concepts in Southern California."

so the price of his car is about 7% of his net worth. That's not too bad.

Plus he has current income of seven figures per year for at least the next few years.

His buying this guy is non-issue.

Really? D.C. has one of the worst poverty rates in the US, so I would have thought an '83 Camry would be considered a luxury.

I've never spent much time in D.C. though, so I wouldn't know. I see HPU kids with Ferraris more often than necessary. Just seems ridiculous to me.

Yes, really. McLean and Great Falls are chock full of rich people that drive their Ferraris to the coffee shop. Montgomery County in Maryland is one of the richest in the country I believe. There are very poor pockets in the city itself but most of the surrounding areas are very well off.

Actually I bet the restaurant is really insignificant to his income earning ability right now. He is selling cookbooks, cookware, has endorsement deals, and is all over food network. No telling how much they pay him for diners drive-ins and dives and all the other shows he does.

Something else that is impacting his net worth is that a couple of his restaurants are very new and thus an initial drain on net worth.

DC's surrounding areas have the highest per capita income in the country. Although it seems most people in the burbs are Porsche-rich and not Lambo-rich.

Yes, really. McLean and Great Falls are chock full of rich people that drive their Ferraris to the coffee shop. Montgomery County in Maryland is one of the richest in the country I believe. There are very poor pockets in the city itself but most of the surrounding areas are very well off.
Gotcha. Still ridiculous/not worth it in my book, but I suppose its not my life to live. I would never pay over $70,000 on a car unless I hit the front cover of Forbes.

Gotcha. Still ridiculous/not worth it in my book, but I suppose its not my life to live. I would never pay over $70,000 on a car unless I hit the front cover of Forbes.

That is an absurd criteria. I am pretty sure Jim Goodnight, the richest guy in NC (#105 in the world) hasn't ever been on the cover and he is worth 7 Billion. If I were worth that I would definitely pay more than 70k.

That is an absurd criteria. I am pretty sure Jim Goodnight, the richest guy in NC (#105 in the world) hasn't ever been on the cover and he is worth 7 Billion. If I were worth that I would definitely pay more than 70k.

Leeeetle bit of sarcasm. It was more of me saying "I'd have to be rich as F***".

I guess I can sort of see it if you have the money. Fast cars are addictive. And it is really hard to downgrade to a slower car for someone who really enjoys driving. That said, even if I had that kind of money, I probably would not be compelled to go over 100k on a car. You can get a whole lot of car for 100k.

Leeeetle bit of sarcasm. It was more of me saying "I'd have to be rich as F***".

Yeah I would definitely have to have "F*** you money" because I would spend more than a certain amount. My ceiling is more like 120k though.

I guess I can sort of see it if you have the money. Fast cars are addictive. And it is really hard to downgrade to a slower car for someone who really enjoys driving. That said, even if I had that kind of money, I probably would not be compelled to go over 100k on a car. You can get a whole lot of car for 100k.

Past $100k, regardless of my wealth, I'd just save up for a private small aircraft. (Read its something like $150k)

Back