• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guy Fieri's stolen Lamborghini

I guess I can sort of see it if you have the money. Fast cars are addictive. And it is really hard to downgrade to a slower car for someone who really enjoys driving. That said, even if I had that kind of money, I probably would not be compelled to go over 100k on a car. You can get a whole lot of car for 100k.

Nothing like moving back to the Kia from the Lambo. What a let down.

You can buy a "used" Lambo with 20k miles on it for $100k. That's not insane IMO.

Although if I was going to spend in that neighborhood on a car I would go R8 all the way.

I just hate that his tv show showcases some really mediocre places just because they need to fill time.

Maybe if you live in east bumfuck. 911s are everywhere in big cities. In the DC area driving a Porsche is the equivalent of a Honda Accord.

Well, this is just a bit of an exaggeration considering Porsche sells less than 10,000 911s per year nationwide, but they are more popular than Ferrari. Maybe 500 new 911s per year in that area. Maybe. The real key, though, is that Ferrari is a spit shined piece of shit whereas the 911 is a piece of engineering excellence.

Well, this is just a bit of an exaggeration considering Porsche sells less than 10,000 911s per year nationwide, but they are more popular than Ferrari. Maybe 500 new 911s per year in that area. Maybe. The real key, though, is that Ferrari is a spit shined piece of shit whereas the 911 is a piece of engineering excellence.

WTF does Ferrari have to do with anything?

I just hate that his tv show showcases some really mediocre places just because they need to fill time.

Yeah, I'd say 20-30% of the places on there are run of the mill burger and fries or ordinary diner type places. But I've been kinda impressed that most of the places he goes to are pretty out there and interesting, which is why I mostly like the show. And I've noticed a trend on there that most of the very ordinary places tend to be located in states like OK, KS (non-KC bbq, KS that is) or IA. Seems like most of the good places are Left Coast, Louisiana or some East Coast. Also agree with some others that he is irritating but the concept is great.

Past $100k, regardless of my wealth, I'd just save up for a private small aircraft. (Read its something like $150k)

That would be pretty awesome. More awesome than a Lambo.

Although if I was going to spend in that neighborhood on a car I would go R8 all the way.

Disagree. I would get a 911 Turbo Cabriolet. Retails for $149K. Those are not a equivalent of a Honda Accord around here. Boxster and older 911 models, maybe. But like someone else said, a porsche is a engineering feat.

Lambo is a bigger piece of shit than Ferrari. MUCH BIGGER. You are better off with a $10 model car than one of those fucking shit sammies.

In the past, yes. Now, not so much. Lambo's are very well built now.

Disagree. I would get a 911 Turbo Cabriolet. Retails for $149K. Those are not a equivalent of a Honda Accord around here. Boxster and older 911 models, maybe. But like someone else said, a porsche is a engineering feat.

i.e. If you're considering a drop top, you're not buying it for it's "engineering".

Yes that was hyperbole. It's not unusual to see 5 fairly new 911s in any given day though. I work in McLean so maybe that's part of it. I've only seen 2 or 3 R8s in the past 6 months or so and they are stunning in person.

Unless you regularly take your car to the track you're not going to push it far enough for the engineering to even matter.

Unless you regularly take your car to the track you're not going to push it far enough for the engineering to even matter.

Totally disagree with this statement.

For the 99% of people who buy expensive cars, the specs don't matter. You buy it as status symbol. Duh.

Disagree...just like you can enjoy the differences between an Accord and a M3 on the road and you can enjoy the differences between a M3 and a Ferrari 458 on the road. It's not necessary to push a car to it's absolutely handling limit to appreciate that it's a much better engineered/built car.

Back