• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mariano Rivera Tears ACL

The interesting question is will this season count towards his waiting time.

He should be 100%, but no one does.

The BWAA rule is that the player must have ceased to be an active major league player for five calendar years prior to the date of election. Elections are held in January. I think Mo will have to wait until January 2018.

he is absolutely not the guy that should be 100%. give me a break. there's no way the best, most deserving player of all time is a reliever. that's retarded.

That truly is the .gif that keeps on giving.

Not a Yankees fan, but I can do nothing but tip my hat to Rivera and applaud an incredible athlete and an even better person. A true sports hero in an age of many false ones.

Speaking of tears, jb, remember when I tore you a new bunghole the summer of 1993?

That was a foul. I know Ultimate league games are self-refereed, but an ass fucking is an ass fucking, douchebag. And as an aside, what a pathetically fast fuck you are.

That truly is the .gif that keeps on giving.

Its like I've met all the people in that .gif before. I know their interests, I can hear their accents, I know exactly how they would react in any given situation.

A truly great one lost for the season. I wouldn't be surprised if Mo comes back another year so he retires the right way.

Disagree. I go with that thing all the way on the left giving the no-look high five.

I go with the guy in the upper right, who keeps eating his popcorn saying to himself 'not even a yankee fan, but who do I slip the roofee to and ass rape later tonight? '

A truly great one lost for the season. I wouldn't be surprised if Mo comes back another year so he retires the right way.

I don't know ... he played until 42 and never had the Farve-like dropoff that most older athletes experience. Who knows what recovery from this injury could do to his motion? Though this is a sad way to go out, nobody will have any memories of his performance aging.

Since this hasn't moved lately, I'm going to bump it with a hijack. It is hard to argue against Mo being the best closer ever. Which other baseball players are/were inarguably the best at something. I would give Ricky Henderson as the best leadoff hitter on that basis.

He is insisting he will be back. "I'm not going out like that." I want that to be true, but it would be a shame if he came back and he was not the same. He has been a work horse and stayed healthy for so long, and i would love to see him pitch again, but it seems like he should go out on top.

I don't know a ton about baseball, but how does an ACL tear really do that much to a pitcher?

I don't know a ton about baseball, but how does an ACL tear really do that much to a pitcher?

Most of a pitcher's velocity comes from driving off the rubber with their back leg. If your knee is unstable, you can't push off it very hard. If it's his front leg, then his knee would be unstable every time his foot landed. Not good for a pitcher's control.

Most of a pitcher's velocity comes from driving off the rubber with their back leg. If your knee is unstable, you can't push off it very hard. If it's his front leg, then his knee would be unstable every time his foot landed. Not good for a pitcher's control.

Thanks, BBD.

Back