• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mariano Rivera Tears ACL

That's a bad way to go out.

He was the greatest ever.

Fuck...he has been the best!

I feel like this has been a bad 2 weeks for Knees. First Rose and Shumpert in the same day. Now Mariano too. I mean even I tore my ACL in the last 2 weeks. This really sucks for MO. If it is true I hope that they do some ceremony for him at the stadium where he gets called to the mound one last time. I'm not sure how it would work but we need to honor him in some way shape or form.

From a long time Yankee hater, this sucks. Get him in the Hall as fast as possible.

Devastating news. Watching the tributes to Mo last night on the MLB channel, the reverent tone almost seemed as if somebody had died.

The ironic thing is, he had shagged flyballs before almost every game throughout his career, to the point where Girardi intended to let him play centerfield for an inning before he retired at the end of the season. Exit Sandman.

The DBacks coming back to win game 7 in the 2001 World Series against Rivera is one of the most improbable things I've ever seen in sports. Rivera was as close to automatic in the clutch as any athlete in history.

if only some ballsy royals fans would have done this as he lied writhing in pain:

YANKEEDOUCHE1.gif

I hate to see that ... shagging flies and tearing your ACL ... just doesn't seem fair.

Me too. He is a definite 1st ballot HOF and maybe the best reliever there ever was. Might give an opening for D J Mitchell, the kid from Winston-Salem who played at North Forsyth & Clemson. He just got called up this week. He has been a starter in the monirs but was all-ACC his junior year as a reliever.

hate the yankees but respected the hell outta mo...really crappy way to end things. looks like jeter is the last "true" yankee of his era (unless pettite sticks again)....

what happened in that gif to make those guys go apeshit? I don't watch baseball anymore. I gave it for summer sex.

the idiot in the backward cap stole a ball that cruz would have caught in fair play.

The interesting question is will this season count towards his waiting time.

He should be 100%, but no one does.

Back