• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mega League Freeze Tag World Final

Well, I think it's pretty obvious that Bug-Eye is playing hurt. You knew people would be gunning for him, but he's spent more time frozen than Ted Williams' head. The other big story so far is the officiating. Grassfed Gil got ejected for doing his signature pulverizer plow on a spectator, but it was clear that he thought Nibbles was hiding in the crowd. And plus, how is that more illegal than Donny Frolicker chasing people around with a nail gun for the first 35 minutes? Sometimes I think these refs are making up the rules as they go along.

My feed for this thing keeps going out, any links/suggestions?

The Vietnamese feed I have is near perfect. Given all the money being gambled on this, you can always count on those feisty little fellows to get their shit together and broadcast a good feed.

I'm doing pretty good in their predictions pool as well, 2nd place behind some guy named Kim-Kim Kim. Winning that year's supply of pho would be clutch!

Have to admit I'm watching basically just for the commercials this year. I wasn't surprised to see Frolicker with the nail gun after he appeared twice in the first 6 commercials shilling for Home Depot. Wonder how much they paid him to sneak in the nail gun?

North Korea holds the broadcast rights, so there's not many illegal streams this year. They don't take piracy lightly. I ordered Kaesong TV(don't tell the US gov't, lolz). Gotta say it's worth it for the daytime tv alone. Their horror movies look astonishingly real, though they could mix the plot up occasionally. Every movie seems to be about spies trying to take down the government.

I'm watching at a bar (well, gas station that sells beer), so not sure about internet feeds and whatnot. Actually, speaking of, I just got up to get a beer and lost track of whether Stay Still is frozen or not? Anyone know if he's been touched since Marsupial Marvin unfroze him?

I'm watching at a bar (well, gas station that sells beer), so not sure about internet feeds and whatnot. Actually, speaking of, I just got up to get a beer and lost track of whether Stay Still is frozen or not? Anyone know if he's been touched since Marsupial Marvin unfroze him?

Carted off the pitch actually. He was standing there frozen, minding his own business, when Andrew "Armadillo" Anderson tried his patented "Armadillo Roll" between his legs in an attempt to tag Diego "The Most Interesting Man in the World" Sanchez. Armadillo miscalculated his roll slightly and took out Stay Still's left leg. Looked like a double compound fracture.

At some point they are going to have to outlaw Armadillo's move. A 395 pound man has no business getting up a full head of steam and trying to roll through somebody's legs.

In an interesting twist, The Most Interesting Man in the World actually used the blood pooled on the field after Armadillo wiped out Stay Still to paint a set of wings on his face. He was heard to quip "I don't always earn my wings, but when I do, they're always red wings."

Back in the day, I was obsessed with MLFT. I mean, you kids might not understand, but MLFT used to be a gentleman's game. You had players who respected each other and shook hands after a match, even if they'd lost eyeballs or covered their faces in pus. I remember one time back in the 80s, my favorite player, Miggsy "The Midget" Buggs, all but had it won against Memphy the Tiger, but lost it in the last moment. I walked 17 miles that night just to clear my head. I probably loved Miggsy more than my own son.

All that changed back in 1985 when Miggsy fired his long-time trainer, Karl Acy. I realized then that he and his supporters were just spoiled, rich brats. So I quit rooting for him, and I actually had a T-shirt made of his arch rival, Tarland "The Hole" Heelson. I even took my coworkers to see Miggsy play Tarland and wore my Tarland T-shirt. But that was just a fad, and since then I've quit watching as much. The game is just too full of me-first coddled players who think they're owed success. I tell you, if Cobb "The Strangler" Night were still training, he'd shape these kids up right quick.

Why isn't this the official MLFT thread? It feels unofficial and I'm not ready to be a part of an unofficial league thread.

I watched yesterday's action from the Chick Fil A. Nothing goes with MLFT like an ice dream cone.

So who won this thing?

Oh you didn't hear? Belvedere Vart shocked the world and pulled it out on a last second double freeze. Only his 14th MLFT event and he'd never finished higher than 1,378, so this was a true Cinderella story. As you would imagine, there's been a ton of articles written about him in the last week or so and he's a pretty interesting character.

He grew up in the Yukon Territory and became a quick local celebrity because he was the first Yukonian baby to be charged with murder. Ended up spending the rest of his childhood in juvy. He rebounded strong though and became a very successful rainbow chaser, which is one of the most heralded professions in the Yuke, but then once again got caught murdering someone. However this would be a blessing in disguise because it was in prison where he discovered his passion for freeze tag. As Belvedere would tell Vogue, "It was either read some books, eat shitty food, and get raped, or play freeze tag, eat shitty food, and get raped. Easiest decision of my life." His luck would continue when the Yukon finally legalized murder in mid-2010, and thus, set free Belvedere and many of his fellow prisoners. Not knowing what to do with themselves, several of them started the first ever Yukon Professional Freeze Tag League, and 16 months later they have produced their first world champion. Simply amazing.

i thought a lot of the front runners looked sort of sluggish out there and came across the following tweets from the twitter handle @mlftscoopz

"rumor has it at the champions dinner tonka "fighting falcon" feather served raw buffalo in a sushi type dish 'oklahoma roll.' #mlftwf"

"brought in a chieftan to bless it first but apparently the salmonella was a particularly strong strain #mlftwf""

does that put an asterisk on the win for vart?

Back