Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69

Thread: Employers in U.S. Added Fewer Jobs Than Forecast in April

  1. #41
    well the stimulus did do one thing...it bought state and local government jobs for another year or two, which is why you see the decline in that area now. It postponed the inevitable.

  2. #42
    I posted on the Forbes article thread a little about economic investment which is really what drives the economy. I'm not going to post it again but it's there.

  3. #43
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64,728
    Quote Originally Posted by ncsportsnut1 View Post
    FOOTNOTE: The Dems STILL control the Presidency and the Senate and you think because the House has a slight Republican majority it's stopping everything? That's too much BS for a year much less one day. The least Reid could do is pass a damn budget. Oh yeh, he got the jobs bill to the floor in 48 hours so where the hell is the budget?
    Do you not understand how the federal government works? Yes, a Republican majority in the House can stop everything. In fact, that is the entire goal of the Republican House.

  4. #44
    What have they stopped?

  5. #45
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cl...47_to_2008.svg

    What haven't they?

    Was just trying to paste the graph. Fail.
    Last edited by ONW; 05-05-2012 at 11:08 PM.

  6. #46
    Randolph Childress RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    43,867
    Quote Originally Posted by ncsportsnut1 View Post
    Disingenuous on so many levels don't know where to start, or just fire one zinger back...decisions decisions. I'll go with full counterattack.

    First and foremost, it's convenient to forget that DEMOCRATS controlled the Presidency, the House, and the Senate for the first two years of the Obama presidency. Why the hell didn't he present his "jobs" bill then??? Oh wait, he DID. Then he called it a "stimulus" bill that's right almost forgot. Oh, but wait again, those jobs were "shovel ready" and GUARANTEED to keep the unemployment under 8 (read that EIGHT) percent IF we all joined together in BIPARTISAN love to vote for it.....and YES WE CAN and DID......ONLY to find out that unemployment not only exceeded 8% in early 2009 but it CONTINUES to be above 8% but by GOD if it hadn't been for the STIMULUS golly gee whizzakers we would have had over 10% unemployment!!!!! Oops, wait, we did. And still do if math was done right. And let's not forget all the HIGH PAYING quality jobs that Obama's created leading to rampant UNDEREMPLOYMENT....

    He never said such a thing. A bureaucrat. Obama never said that. But don't be bothered by facts.

    so yeh, Obama's policies PROPOSED AND PASSED by the DEMOCRATS led to this unemployment mess and THEY have ownership of it now. Its the worst economy since the Depression and the Dems can't pass it off on anyone else. It's their bailiwick RJ so finally man up and accept it.
    Wrong again, from the time the first dollar of the stimulus got into the economy in July 2009, there has been a net gain of jobs in the US.

    just once, I wish you would get some facts straight and not be a parrot of the right.

  7. #47
    Randolph Childress RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    43,867
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinsNDeacs View Post
    What have they stopped?
    The GOP stopped the President's jobs bill and stopped the highway bill.

    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/63069.html

    Remember Zandi was McCain's economics expert. He's not a Dem.

    And moody's is the rating organization....agani not a Dem group.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    Wrong again, from the time the first dollar of the stimulus got into the economy in July 2009, there has been a net gain of jobs in the US.

    just once, I wish you would get some facts straight and not be a parrot of the right.
    Missed the point again RJ. Give me a trillion dollars and I would manage some job growth. Obama said, go back and look at the speeches, that if Congress passed the Stimulus that unemployment would be kept under 8 percent. His words, not mine. He didn't promise "a net gain of jobs in the U.S.".

    For once I wish you'd get your facts straight and not pretend Obama hasn't promised things over and over to oversell the stimulus and lie about the costs of Obamacare etc. etc. etc. It will prove to be his undoing.

  9. #49
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64,728
    Economists make a living from bad projections. Just as the jobs report seems to always been more or fewer jobs than forecasts, Obama bought into bad forecasts that said unemployment wouldn't get over 8%.

  10. #50
    Randolph Childress RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    43,867
    Quote Originally Posted by ncsportsnut1 View Post
    Missed the point again RJ. Give me a trillion dollars and I would manage some job growth. Obama said, go back and look at the speeches, that if Congress passed the Stimulus that unemployment would be kept under 8 percent. His words, not mine. He didn't promise "a net gain of jobs in the U.S.".

    For once I wish you'd get your facts straight and not pretend Obama hasn't promised things over and over to oversell the stimulus and lie about the costs of Obamacare etc. etc. etc. It will prove to be his undoing.
    Obama DID NOT SAY the stimulus would keep unemployment at 8% NOT ONCE, NOT EVER. No matter how many you post this it will never make it true.

    What's sadder is you can't admit it. That's bad on you.
    Here's the person who said it "A Jan. 9, 2009, report called "The Job Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan" from Christina Romer"

    It wasn't Obama. She was forced out of her job for saying it as it wasn't what the POTUS ever said.
    Last edited by RJKarl; 05-05-2012 at 11:38 PM.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by ONW View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cl...47_to_2008.svg

    What haven't they?

    Was just trying to paste the graph. Fail.
    That is just bullshit DC poltics. I want to know specifically what the Pubs have stopped that otherwise the Dems would have passed.

  12. #52
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64,728
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinsNDeacs View Post
    That is just bullshit DC poltics. I want to know specifically what the Pubs have stopped that otherwise the Dems would have passed.
    Not sure what your question is. Filibusters are used to stop things that otherwise would have passed.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Not sure what your question is. Filibusters are used to stop things that otherwise would have passed.
    What? Tell me what the Dems would have passed of note that the Pubs have stopped.

  14. #54
    Randolph Childress RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    43,867
    I gave you two specific bills. - The Jobs bill in 2010/2011 and the roads bill multiple times.

  15. #55
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64,728
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinsNDeacs View Post
    What? Tell me what the Dems would have passed of note that the Pubs have stopped.
    What was filibustered. That's what.

  16. #56
    and we all whistled passed the graveyard

    edit...the sooner we realize we have party 1A and party 1B the better off we will be

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    What was filibustered. That's what.
    Or clotured.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinsNDeacs View Post
    and we all whistled passed the graveyard

    edit...the sooner we realize we have party 1A and party 1B the better off we will be


    Totally agree with that.

    How's the overpriced boxing match going btw?

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by ONW View Post
    [/B]

    Totally agree with that.

    How's the overpriced boxing match going btw?
    Found a link for free thanks to James

  20. #60
    i hate partisan fucktards. that is the real reason we are in this mess.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •