• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Employers in U.S. Added Fewer Jobs Than Forecast in April

bob, it's not about obama this and republicans that. it's the entire system. it's the mentality of one party winning and one losing. what happens is we all get screwed.

bob, it's not about obama this and republicans that. it's the entire system. it's the mentality of one party winning and one losing. what happens is we all get screwed.

well how is that position any fun on a politics board?

I agree with you. I really do. That why I said that any solution had to work both financially and politically....it has to be a shared burden. And I am perfectly willing to take a sharp knife to domestic spending. I understand that it has gotten far out of hand.....but what is so frustrating to me is that no matter how much I am willing to give, the other side absolutely refuses to even consider any increase in the tax rates.....which are now the lowest they have ever been....even to rolling back recent tax cuts on the top 2% of incomes.

And that is why I said that the two sides' positions are not interchangable. Can you not see where I am coming from with that?

on this single issue yes.

We are now at the lowest level of employment participation in this country since 1981.

LFP%20Rate_0.jpg

The number of people who have left the workforce is also not good.

People%20Not%20In%20Labor%20Force_0.jpg

Can a Republican please explain to me how any of this is Obama's fault?

(please spare me the: "both parties are screwed up..." drivel if you're actually a voting Republican because if you're actually voting Republican then you're voting for a party that would rather prove a point then create jobs for hard working people)

If you don't want the government to expand and you want the government to stop regulating private sector business, then how is it Obama's fault when the public sector stagnates and the private sector doesn't hire (despite the govt kissing their ass on our dime)?

It seems a bit cyclical/self-serving to me when a lot of folks are having trouble getting back on their feet and waiting to work... It seems as if either party was really for the people, then they'd work a bit harder at not fighting and actually creating jobs. Lots of rich Republocrats. Lots of poor working folks.

Last edited:
It's Obama's fault because he's in power, but none of the underlying problems that started under W were W'w fault.

I thought you understood this.

Back