• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Employers in U.S. Added Fewer Jobs Than Forecast in April

well the stimulus did do one thing...it bought state and local government jobs for another year or two, which is why you see the decline in that area now. It postponed the inevitable.

I posted on the Forbes article thread a little about economic investment which is really what drives the economy. I'm not going to post it again but it's there.

FOOTNOTE: The Dems STILL control the Presidency and the Senate and you think because the House has a slight Republican majority it's stopping everything? That's too much BS for a year much less one day. The least Reid could do is pass a damn budget. Oh yeh, he got the jobs bill to the floor in 48 hours so where the hell is the budget?

Do you not understand how the federal government works? Yes, a Republican majority in the House can stop everything. In fact, that is the entire goal of the Republican House.

Disingenuous on so many levels don't know where to start, or just fire one zinger back...decisions decisions. I'll go with full counterattack.

First and foremost, it's convenient to forget that DEMOCRATS controlled the Presidency, the House, and the Senate for the first two years of the Obama presidency. Why the hell didn't he present his "jobs" bill then??? Oh wait, he DID. Then he called it a "stimulus" bill that's right almost forgot. Oh, but wait again, those jobs were "shovel ready" and GUARANTEED to keep the unemployment under 8 (read that EIGHT) percent IF we all joined together in BIPARTISAN love to vote for it.....and YES WE CAN and DID......ONLY to find out that unemployment not only exceeded 8% in early 2009 but it CONTINUES to be above 8% but by GOD if it hadn't been for the STIMULUS golly gee whizzakers we would have had over 10% unemployment!!!!! Oops, wait, we did. And still do if math was done right. And let's not forget all the HIGH PAYING quality jobs that Obama's created leading to rampant UNDEREMPLOYMENT....

He never said such a thing. A bureaucrat. Obama never said that. But don't be bothered by facts.

so yeh, Obama's policies PROPOSED AND PASSED by the DEMOCRATS led to this unemployment mess and THEY have ownership of it now. Its the worst economy since the Depression and the Dems can't pass it off on anyone else. It's their bailiwick RJ so finally man up and accept it.

Wrong again, from the time the first dollar of the stimulus got into the economy in July 2009, there has been a net gain of jobs in the US.

just once, I wish you would get some facts straight and not be a parrot of the right.

Wrong again, from the time the first dollar of the stimulus got into the economy in July 2009, there has been a net gain of jobs in the US.

just once, I wish you would get some facts straight and not be a parrot of the right.

Missed the point again RJ. Give me a trillion dollars and I would manage some job growth. Obama said, go back and look at the speeches, that if Congress passed the Stimulus that unemployment would be kept under 8 percent. His words, not mine. He didn't promise "a net gain of jobs in the U.S.".

For once I wish you'd get your facts straight and not pretend Obama hasn't promised things over and over to oversell the stimulus and lie about the costs of Obamacare etc. etc. etc. It will prove to be his undoing.

Economists make a living from bad projections. Just as the jobs report seems to always been more or fewer jobs than forecasts, Obama bought into bad forecasts that said unemployment wouldn't get over 8%.

Missed the point again RJ. Give me a trillion dollars and I would manage some job growth. Obama said, go back and look at the speeches, that if Congress passed the Stimulus that unemployment would be kept under 8 percent. His words, not mine. He didn't promise "a net gain of jobs in the U.S.".

For once I wish you'd get your facts straight and not pretend Obama hasn't promised things over and over to oversell the stimulus and lie about the costs of Obamacare etc. etc. etc. It will prove to be his undoing.

Obama DID NOT SAY the stimulus would keep unemployment at 8% NOT ONCE, NOT EVER. No matter how many you post this it will never make it true.

What's sadder is you can't admit it. That's bad on you.
Here's the person who said it "A Jan. 9, 2009, report called "The Job Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan" from Christina Romer"

It wasn't Obama. She was forced out of her job for saying it as it wasn't what the POTUS ever said.

Last edited:
That is just bullshit DC poltics. I want to know specifically what the Pubs have stopped that otherwise the Dems would have passed.

Not sure what your question is. Filibusters are used to stop things that otherwise would have passed.

Not sure what your question is. Filibusters are used to stop things that otherwise would have passed.

What? Tell me what the Dems would have passed of note that the Pubs have stopped.

I gave you two specific bills. - The Jobs bill in 2010/2011 and the roads bill multiple times.

and we all whistled passed the graveyard

edit...the sooner we realize we have party 1A and party 1B the better off we will be

and we all whistled passed the graveyard

edit...the sooner we realize we have party 1A and party 1B the better off we will be

Totally agree with that.

How's the overpriced boxing match going btw?

i hate partisan fucktards. that is the real reason we are in this mess.

Back