• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

FOX Soccer ‏@FOXSoccer 3m3 minutes ago
Mainz goalkeeper Loris Karius having medical ahead of transfer to Liverpool. http://foxs.pt/1WN1Rb3

oooh, I like him. Big, physical and really commands his box. Was excellent for Mainz this year and finished in the top 4 of the voting for Bundesliga team of the season (Neuer was #1, obviously). Of the young German keepers I think I like Bernd Leno a slight bit more, but Karius should be a huge improvement over Mingolet and probably has the highest potential (either him or Timo Horn).

Germany is fucking stacked with awesome keepers - Neuer, Adler, Leno, Horn, Karius, Trapp, Fährmann, Zieler ... that's a fuckload of quality keepers.

German papers are saying that Mainz is likely to get Timon Wellenreuther to be their new #1 - 20 years old, German, was out on loan from Schalke in Spain last season. The conveyor belt of top keepers in Germany just doesn't stop.

Goetze has said he is looking forward to working with Ancelotti (or at least being in good shape for the first training session) and has parted ways with his representative/agent, who apparently was not liked at Bayern and might have been pushing for a move. Signs continue not to look too good for this one for Liverpool.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...iverpool-transfer-target-mario-gotze-11373589

Glad Karius is getting close.

Last edited:
German papers are saying that Mainz is likely to get Timon Wellenreuther to be their new #1 - 20 years old, German, was out on loan from Schalke in Spain last season. The conveyor belt of top keepers in Germany just doesn't stop.

Is there like a laboratory or something?

Who the fuck is running the German Goalkeeper School?

Tottenham linked to Jonathan Calleri from Argentina....according to his father, there is a verbal agreement.

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnatio...ansfer-news-rumors-jonathan-calleri-sao-paolo

Can anyone clarify the transfers with teams and investment groups? Do all have to be paid, or do the investment groups get percentages thoughout players careers? It seems like these situations are only with South Americans, but I think I read about an Italian player last transfer season.

oooh, I like him. Big, physical and really commands his box. Was excellent for Mainz this year and finished in the top 4 of the voting for Bundesliga team of the season (Neuer was #1, obviously). Of the young German keepers I think I like Bernd Leno a slight bit more, but Karius should be a huge improvement over Mingolet and probably has the highest potential (either him or Timo Horn).

Germany is fucking stacked with awesome keepers - Neuer, Adler, Leno, Horn, Karius, Trapp, Fährmann, Zieler ... that's a fuckload of quality keepers.

As all great men should.

:bowrofl::rofl:

Is there like a laboratory or something?

Who the fuck is running the German Goalkeeper School?

Marc Andre Ter Stegen has had a great run of late. Clean sheets in his last 6 games or so. Something in the water over in Germania.

Damn, totally left ter Stegen out. Jesus.

Goalkeeper is a star position even in youth football in Germany, and there are dedicated goalkeeping coaches starting at very young ages. That stuff adds up.

Gotze is staying and Gundogan is apparently singing for City today. Dortmund is looking to be in bad shape next year.

Nico Gaitan sold to Atleti for 25 mil Euros. Very good signing.

Benfica replace him with Andrija Zivkovic on a free. I've read he is the next big thing out of Serbia, but I don't think I've seen him play myself.

Karius is signed officially. Good to get this one out of the way -- it was the most obvious position to upgrade. Matip and Karius should make things more solid, at least.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/222991-liverpool-agree-deal-to-sign-loris-karius

Also, Besiktas appear to be going for Martin Skrtel, so that's good, too.

The Karius move is a pretty solid one. They got an under 21 keeper who has shown really good potential, for a long term deal for cheap.

The Karius move is a pretty solid one. They got an under 21 keeper who has shown really good potential, for a long term deal for cheap.

He's been better than really good potential - dude was terrific in a top league already - he's got 3 full seasons in the Bundesliga under his belt (91 matches for Mainz 05). He's a very good keeper, full stop.

Back