• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Arsenal are seriously considering making a raid forParis Saint-Germain winger Julian Draxler, according to The Times.

The Germany international is said to have been told he is surplus to requirements at the club and is free to leave, with PSG wanting around £32m for Draxler.

Apparently Liverpool turned down £120 for Coutinho. Am I naive to think he told someone at the club that he’s fine playing one more season before bouncing (even though Kia is obviously pushing for the transfer now)? I just find it hard to believe that owners kind of in it for the money would turn down the second highest transfer amount ever out of principle despite the players wishes. Even Klopp softened his stance last week, felt like an out for the club to sell.

From what I've read the Coutinho offer was pretty bullshit. Was more like 80 million to be paid out over 5 years and the rest were incentives based paymemts for winning the Ballon d'or and Champions League. Are Barca in financial trouble? For just having received about a quarter of a billion in cash they don't seem willing to break the bank to improve their squad as they face playing distant second fiddle to Real.

I think he's terribly overrated, personally. Had one tremendous season 5 years ago at Schalke and done nothing to match that since.

Prem so open and end to end that I think it fits his game.

I think he has a lot of Ozil about him. Immensely talented and a bit lazy.

From what I've read the Coutinho offer was pretty bullshit. Was more like 80 million to be paid out over 5 years and the rest were incentives based paymemts for winning the Ballon d'or and Champions League. Are Barca in financial trouble? For just having received about a quarter of a billion in cash they don't seem willing to break the bank to improve their squad as they face playing distant second fiddle to Real.

They just dropped 40 mil on a dude that can't juggle

Sky sources understand Tottenham are close to completing a deal to sign Southampton goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga.

The 25-year-old is being brought in as third-choice goalkeeper to provide extra competition for Hugo Lloris and Michel Vorm.

Spurs had considered doing a permanent deal Espanyol’s Pau Lopez, who spent last season on loan at White Hart Lane.

Gazzaniga spent last season on loan at Spanish side Rayo Vallecano, keeping 11 clean sheets in 32 appearances.

I don't see coutinho moving the needle much for Barcelona. Would rather have PULISIC! Also apparently we're signing Seri from Nice, anyone know anything about him?

I don't see coutinho moving the needle much for Barcelona. Would rather have PULISIC! Also apparently we're signing Seri from Nice, anyone know anything about him?

Seri is fantastic.

I liken him to Thiago in the way he plays. Just reads the game and can play dangerous balls in behind the oppo all day.. Arsenal were linked last month, as well as Spurs and Liverpool, not sure why those interests seemed to wane. Perhaps because Seri has long said he wants to play for Barca one day.

I like that comp. wish we hadn't let the real Thiago go for peanuts but beggars can't be choosers

Burnley have confirmed the signing of Chris Wood from Leeds for a club-record fee. Never thought he'd be a PL club's record signing.

What's the deal with Portuguese clubs and negotiations?

Bas Dost seems to be the current fan favorite to sign as our CF on the Everton boards, but everyone says it won't happen because Portuguese clubs are crooked and impossible to deal with because of all the add ons, and murky third party pay outs.

Back