• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Yep, We're Going to War w/Iran

It doesn't. It's something that have been going on for years. This didn't change anything or portend anything.

"It's something that have been going on for years"

"Now that the Tal Law has expired, conscription is in theory governed by legislation - passed in 1949 and last amended in 1986 - that requires all Israelis above 18 years of age to enlist, unless specifically exempted by the defence ministry.

Mr Barak had instructed the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) to draw up a "practical proposal" on how to implement the 1949 law within a month, according to a statement by his office."

No it really hasn't. The exemption has been going on since 1949.

It's been challenged in the courts long enough that it got to their Supreme Court in February.

It has nothing to do with preparing for a war with Iran which is your thread title.

Shut the fuck up RJ. You manage to twist every piece of news even tangentially related to the Clintons into a prediction of Hillary running for president in 2016. Don't crawl up someone else's ass for trying to connect the dots on world affairs and coming up with predictions of their own.

Your hypocrisy is a never ending source of amusement for me.

Reactions: ONW
Agreed, misleading to say this has anything to do with going to war with Iran. The ultra-Orthadox should not be entitled to special protection. Since Israel's inception its strong military presence and defense of its turf has allowed it to survive and thrive where in the past "defense-less" Jews were continuously forced or exiled from their surroundings, culminating with the holocaust. There would be little hope for Israel's survival without its strong military, and it requires all citizens to buy into the concept, not for certain citizens to be granted amnesty at the expense of othes.

Is it possible that increasing the pool of military conscripts, after an exemption that has been upheld since 1949, was allowed to expire yesterday?

Last edited:
Shut the fuck up RJ. You manage to twist every piece of news even tangentially related to the Clintons into a prediction of Hillary running for president in 2016. Don't crawl up someone else's ass for trying to connect the dots on world affairs and coming up with predictions of their own.

Your hypocrisy is a never ending source of amusement for me.

And your mannerless, classlessness of an internet tough guy is grating on many.

Remind me again how you drove from Santa Barabara to West Hollywood in fucking monsoon in less than ninety minutes. Guys it's over 100 miles and the last twenty minutes (in perfect weather) is on winding canyon roads.

It took me over an hour to get there from OC (about 40 miles) in an Audi with no traffic.

Is it possible that increasing the pool of military conscripts, after an exemption that has been upheld since 1949, was allowed to expire yesterday?

It had been winding its way through their courts and was decided it would expire yesterday many months ago. This has nothing to do with Iran.

Remind me again how you drove from Santa Barabara to West Hollywood in fucking monsoon in less than ninety minutes. Guys it's over 100 miles and the last twenty minutes (in perfect weather) is on winding canyon roads.

It took me over an hour to get there from OC (about 40 miles) in an Audi with no traffic.

What in the bloody hell are you talking about?

Spot on. LK's road trip is completely relevant to this topic.

It took me almost to get there from OC in an Audi with no traffic.

That's what you said when watched the Wake/Duke game at Dublin's with Megan, Wade and her friend. something that outrageous is really easy to remember.

ONW it was about is insulting me rather than dealing with the subject.

You and I are disagreeing without calling each other names. LK is not capable of that.

It had been winding its way through their courts and was decided it would expire yesterday many months ago. This has nothing to do with Iran.

It was decided it would expire years ago? How do you decide to expire something that is going to expire?

BcCyY.jpg

On Iran: no war would be solid
On Israel: the oppressed have become the oppressors, and see no irony in it at all!

The case was started years ago. It was decided in February.

It's like cases in the US. They work their way up to the Supreme Court. This case worked its way up to the Supreme Court of Israel.

This has nothing to do with Iran.

BcCyY.jpg

On Iran: no war would be solid
On Israel: the oppressed have become the oppressors, and see no irony in it at all!

I oppose the expansion of settlements and agree that land must be given for peace. There must be an independent Palestinian State.

The case was started years ago. It was decided in February.

It's like cases in the US. They work their way up to the Supreme Court. This case worked its way up to the Supreme Court of Israel.

This has nothing to do with Iran.

Tell that to the men and women who are about to get drafted.

That's what you said when watched the Wake/Duke game at Dublin's with Megan, Wade and her friend. something that outrageous is really easy to remember.

Your memory sucks.

1) We watched Wake play NCSU in the ACC Tournament. Not Duke. Unfortunately we lost.

2) I didn't live in Santa Barbara. I lived almost 10 miles south of Santa Barbara between Summerland and Carpenteria.

And who the bloody fucking hell cares how fast I drove to make it there? You make up some crazy shit old man.

I oppose the expansion of settlements and agree that land must be given for peace. There must be an independent Palestinian State.

Agree with everything in this post.

After reading the above posts, I'm still not sure whether we're going to war with Iran or not.

Back