• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

Packpride is like reading a crime novel.

The latest is this Jan Boxill lady, leader of the faculty executive committee at UNC, who called for an FEC emergency session in an effort to urge Thorp to stay. She held an emergency meeting for the General Faculty so that they could be updated on the situation and show support for Thorp.

Interesting thing about Boxill...her name is all over Julius Pepper's transcripts (he rcvd a B in her philosophy class), she is an academic counselor in the student athlete development dept, and her husband, Bernard Boxill, who also teaches at UNC in social and political philosophy and African American philosophy per UNC's faculty page.

her CV http://philosophy.unc.edu/people/faculty/jan-boxill

There is so, so much crap to uncover over on Cheater Hill...right now, they are also trying to find out who the other passengers were on the Hansbrough/Kupec flight to NYC...AND someone (who has posted A LOT of credible info over the last 2 years) has an email from someone that states Ol 'Roy and asst. coach Steve Robinson are caught up in this mess now and that Roy has hired an atty (he has been pretty quiet in the wake of this recent blow to the holes). Promise of "more info to be released in 5-7 days..."

Oh, this is going to get good. Pack fans will not rest until Chapel Hill burns to the ground.

Also:

Joe Ovies and Adam Gold are reporting a rumor
that the the trips that Tami Hansbrough took on the Dental Foundation dime might
have been found to not be legitimate foundation business and not allowable
expenses. They are stating if this is the case then UNC would have provided her
paid travel to Tyler's away games which is an impermissable benefit to the
player. This would make Hansblow ineligible.

oh wow. that would mean the 09 championship would be stripped. as much as i hate carolina athletics, that would be a really big blow to the overall acc

oh wow. that would mean the 09 championship would be stripped. as much as i hate carolina athletics, that would be a really big blow to the overall acc

Why? Everybody still knows/remembers how good UNC was back then. It won't do anything to the ACC overall.

Now they're reporting an emergency BOT meeting at UNC tomorrow.

Also, there is a poster over there named WaffleIron, who is dead-on with everything he's posted about this scandal -Not just the athletic stuff, but the deep, dark university stuff connected to deep pockets- is saying that Roy will be gone before the season starts.

He's been hinting at recruiting violations involving Hansbrough (involving Tami, of course) and maybe some other recruits.

If banners come down on cheater hill, the school will crumble.

I'd be pretty shocked if Roy disappeared. No way the school fires him. They'll go down with the ship, first.

I'd be pretty shocked if Roy disappeared. No way the school fires him. They'll go down with the ship, first.

I don't know. People thought the same about Jim Tressel. If Roy had 20+ years at UNC, no way they fire him...

To be honest, I would be surprised, too, but EVERYTHING this Waffleiron guy has predicted has come true.

Also, there is a poster over there named WaffleIron, who is dead-on with everything he's posted about this scandal -Not just the athletic stuff, but the deep, dark university stuff connected to deep pockets- is saying that Roy will be gone before the season starts.

He's been hinting at recruiting violations involving Hansbrough (involving Tami, of course) and maybe some other recruits.

Where can I find those posts, KVegas?

I enjoy reading PackPride as much as anyone, and they've definitely been on top of all this and for that we are all grateful, but to be fair they are prone to exaggeration over there just as the UNC folks have underplayed this. There have definitely been "knowledgeable" posters over there who have claimed on multiple occasions that shit was about to be revealed that would interrupt the space-time continuum, which has not happened.

Again, I respect the tenaciousness of that crowd, but when it comes to claims like "Roy will be gone before the start of the season," I'd suggest taking that with a huuuuuge grain of salt.

You really believe all this? No banners will come down and Roy won't be fired or resign.

There is a guy who goes by the handle, "Manalishi" who has been spot on and seems to be in the know. Two other handes to follow are: SantePack and another guy named "Primal Scream". . .both seem to have insight.

I don't know if what they are predicting will come true, but the stars are starting to align that way. Manalishi says that Dan Kane at the N&O has UNC by the short ones and is revealing his information slowly. One thing I can say, is that it appears as if Kane has a mole feeding him information. What seems to have gotten lost is the fact that Thorp did nothing about the Hansbrough/Kupec situation. . .NOTHING. . .until Kane called him. Kane called him on a Friday. By Sunday, Thorp had met with Kupec who tendered his resignation. On Monday, Thorp returned Kane's call to answer his questions about Kupec.

The same weekend that Tami Hansbrough went to Memphis to see her boy play, the Dental Foundation racked up over $16,000 on a credit card which only had a limit of $10k. An accountant was sent to the Bank to pay the bill the bill the following week. The same accountant was told not to question Foundation Officers' expense reports. How do you run up a $16,000 bill in one weekend? According to SantePack, "Take a look at which of the other players' parents were in attendance that weekend."

Oh snap! This is getting good. Cue the popcorn eating emoticon.

There is a guy who goes by the handle, "Manalishi" who has been spot on and seems to be in the know. Two other handes to follow are: SantePack and another guy named "Primal Scream". . .both seem to have insight.

I don't know if what they are predicting will come true, but the stars are starting to align that way. Manalishi says that Dan Kane at the N&O has UNC by the short ones and is revealing his information slowly. One thing I can say, is that it appears as if Kane has a mole feeding him information. What seems to have gotten lost is the fact that Thorp did nothing about the Hansbrough/Kupec situation. . .NOTHING. . .until Kane called him. Kane called him on a Friday. By Sunday, Thorp had met with Kupec who tendered his resignation. On Monday, Thorp returned Kane's call to answer his questions about Kupec.

The same weekend that Tami Hansbrough went to Memphis to see her boy play, the Dental Foundation racked up over $16,000 on a credit card which only had a limit of $10k. An accountant was sent to the Bank to pay the bill the bill the following week. The same accountant was told not to question Foundation Officers' expense reports. How do you run up a $16,000 bill in one weekend? According to SantePack, "Take a look at which of the other players' parents were in attendance that weekend."

Oh snap! This is getting good. Cue the popcorn eating emoticon.

At what point are we talking about actual crimes?

Manalishi connected all the dots with the Peppers situation.

Also, some of the other stuff that PackPride is speculating is that Nike donated $10 million dollars to a "Project Malawi" (which may serve under "Carolina for Kiberia"), that there is absolutely no documentation for. There is also the professer that smuggled all that cocaine back from Columbia that got arrested a while back. They are trying to connect those dots, but it seems unlikely. What they definitely have is a fund set up that has no documentation and several people donating a lot of money to it.

So figuring out what that money is and what it does is critical in the whole UNC thing here. This may go way beyond athletics and the guys above might be using the athletics to hide whatever plan they have hatched out in the first place.

I for one never expected this of our state flagship university.

Last edited:
The fact that Tami was getting impermissible benefits is pretty much chump change in my opinion. That's pretty solidified...it's just a question of what else they are hiding there too.

No way they have an "emergency" BOT meeting just for the Thorp or Hansbrough stuff. I think it goes above and beyond that.

Yes, Manalishi is the one whose posts you should pay attention to. This guy has done serious research and made sense of the many prongs in the scandal. WaffleIron likes to think he has sources & throws out generalities, hoping they will stick. None of his predictions ever has a timeframe nor specifics.

Manalishi has corroborated SantePack's posts regarding the new accounting irregularities prong related to the Dental Foundation & Tami Hansbrough, so SantePack is also a poster to follow.

PrimalScream is merely an alias for the banned Brakk, a poor man's WaffleIron who so desperately wishes he had sources other than a friend of a friend of a guy who used to work in the UNC dining hall.

I think Deadbolt used the term "relentless" to describe the research done by the posters on PackPride. I'd have to agree and applaud the results they've come up with and continue to ferret out.

Athletics could just be a sacrificial lamb, here. Of course UNC is "cooperative" with the NCAA. If they cooperate, they dig no further, they take their sanctions and rest easy knowing the real scandal is still well hidden...until now when dots are starting to be connected by local reporters.

Back