• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

Criminal charges could come about in the Dental Foundation scandal if it is determined that there was a misappropriation of funds, right? Since it is a non-profit.

Manalashi (I think) posted a while back (before this Tami Hansbrough story broke) that eventually the bball program would be investigated for several things, one of them being the recruitment of Tyler Hansbrough (and how Tyler followed Roy to UNC and how Tami was involved).

Waffleiron later followed that up by saying there were recruiting improprieties with Hansblow and others.

Yes, Manalishi is the one whose posts you should pay attention to. This guy has done serious research and made sense of the many prongs in the scandal. WaffleIron likes to think he has sources & throws out generalities, hoping they will stick. None of his predictions ever has a timeframe nor specifics.

Manalishi has corroborated SantePack's posts regarding the new accounting irregularities prong related to the Dental Foundation & Tami Hansbrough, so SantePack is also a poster to follow.

PrimalScream is merely an alias for the banned Brakk, a poor man's WaffleIron who so desperately wishes he had sources other than a friend of a friend of a guy who used to work in the UNC dining hall.

I think Deadbolt used the term "relentless" to describe the research done by the posters on PackPride. I'd have to agree and applaud the results they've come up with and continue to ferret out.

hell, manlishi has hung them by examining all the public documents. unc was stupid enough to put all this information out there. this guy has feasted on it. him and the poster "wufwuf" have brought the whole unc house down. apparently, the whole mess is starting to unravel over there. it is a nest of corruption and deceit created by dean smith, knowing the n.c. media would dutifully keep anything from ever coming into the public eye.

waffleiron, brakk (primal scream) pass on barber shop gossip.

I believe Manlishi is sitting on several stories...one of which relates to Chris Hawkins. Hawkins was the ex player who had keys to the training facilities even though he had no formal position at unc. Butch, of course, had no idea what Hawkins was doing on campus. What he was doing was running a "Cocaine and Steroid" supply chain at unc and one that was likely fueled by an ex RB who played with the Steelers.

I believe Manlishi is sitting on several stories...one of which relates to Chris Hawkins. Hawkins was the ex player who had keys to the training facilities even though he had no formal position at unc. Butch, of course, had no idea what Hawkins was doing on campus. What he was doing was running a "Cocaine and Steroid" supply chain at unc and one that was likely fueled by an ex RB who played with the Steelers.

Why would Ol' Butch know anything about that? He was just drawin' up Xs and Os, thinkin' up excuses, and singin' "doo-dah, doo-dah" in da clubhouse.

So how is paying for a player's parent to go see their son play NOT an NCAA violation?

So how is paying for a player's parent to go see their son play NOT an NCAA violation?

The NCAA has to go back. They HAVE to. The evidence has been provided for them. All they have to do is read the report. That banner is coming down.

The NCAA has to go back. They HAVE to. The evidence has been provided for them. All they have to do is read the report. That banner is coming down.

and nearly the entire 2005 roster was neck deep in african american studies classes. make it two...

Rumor has it that a few fb players left or transferred because of players using cocaine in the locker room, not because of the cheating scandal.

Beginning to think this rumor has legs...

I really don't think that an employee defrauding a private foundation to go see her son play basketball is an NCAA violation.

I really don't think that an employee defrauding a private foundation to go see her son play basketball is an NCAA violation.

Didn't she do the same thing when she was working for the student affairs office, which was not a private foundation?

Lack of institutional control. Various deans and directors signed off on the charges and told an accountant not to question expenses. It's on her for committing fraud...it's on the University for choosing to ignore it, giving her a massive raise, and then hiring her for a gig in the office of student affairs, and then CONTINUING to ignore the fact she was committing fraud to go watch Ben play for ND.

No way Roy gets pushed out. No. Fucking. Way.

But its the school paying for her to go since shes an employee of the school and thats a violation right?

It is if she is spending school money and she/they can't verify that it was a business trip, or that it was cleared by the NCAA before she began traveling with a job that was not in any way related to UNC basketball. That's impermissible benefits provided to a relative of a player which is an NCAA Violation.

Back