• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

Those interested may want to visit Pack Pride right about now. It sounds like the proverbial shit is about to hit the fan in Chapel Hill.

Those interested may want to visit Pack Pride right about now. It sounds like the proverbial shit is about to hit the fan in Chapel Hill.

They made it so you have to register to view their threads. I don't want to register over there. What's up?

Cliff's note version? I see several UNC centered threads over there- which one should I read?

packphinsfan wrote:
Aiken2009
Bench Warmer
1756 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Posted: Today 1:32 PM
RE: UNC*Cheats 9/24 - Sporting News Slams NCAA, UNC Basketball

uhh ohh.... hearing very bad things for roy and the bball team coming straight from those in chapel hill, will post more when i can latr today

Aiken2009 wrote: sorry guys..got tied up with work and was also waiting on a phone call pertaining to what i could post.

cant go into great detail but this is all coming from UNC's side of thing and straight from someone whom is in the center of it all. I cant devulge to much but the gist is;

-- major financial fraud. numerous people within the athletic department hiring criminal defense attorneys. not solely related to improper use of the planes but much more... many other angles, though the plane flights were discussed. "leisure" trips to the beach from chapel hill to wilmington/Wrightsville/Figure8 area...also Asheville golfing trips and also to South Florida.

-- Basketball will be investigated fully. UNC is fully expecting this and is prepared. Last week may have been the start

-- The Thorp hand wringing was staged last week as was the letter by the former BOT's (still dont understand why?)

-- People are starting to talk to ALOT @ UNC ( toFed Agencies, media, etc) and there is really no point in hiding it anymore

I asked "when is this going to hit the mainstream? "...and was told "soon...real soon" the cat is already out of the bag..

Lastly, Roy is implicated in serious wrong doing. I have no idea what. But something bad enough for him to be forced out. Post more when if i can..

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=178&f=2515&t=9386266&p=11

Aiken2009 wrote:
sorry guys..got tied up with work and was also waiting on a phone call pertaining to what i could post.

cant go into great detail but this is all coming from UNC's side of thing and straight from someone whom is in the center of it all. I cant devulge to much but the gist is;

-- major financial fraud. numerous people within the athletic department hiring criminal defense attorneys. not solely related to improper use of the planes but much more... many other angles, though the plane flights were discussed. "leisure" trips to the beach from chapel hill to wilmington/Wrightsville/Figure8 area...also Asheville golfing trips and also to South Florida.

--
Basketball will be investigated fully. UNC is fully expecting this and is prepared. Last week may have been the start

-- The Thorp hand wringing was staged last week as was the letter by the former BOT's (still dont understand why?)

-- People are starting to talk to ALOT @ UNC ( toFed Agencies, media, etc) and there is really no point in hiding it anymore

I asked "when is this going to hit the mainstream? "...and was told "soon...real soon" the cat is already out of the bag..

Lastly, Roy is implicated in serious wrong doing. I have no idea what. But something bad enough for him to be forced out.
Post more when if i can..

edit: sorry about grammar on my phone

eta: good job with the scoop, FYC.

Thanks. Will be crazy if Roy is exposed as being up to his neck in this stuff.

The thread is now locked.

BUT before it was locked, Santepack (who is reliable? I think?) agreed with Aiken.

This was alluded to last week...

ETA: Manalishi (who is trusted) said to listen to Aiken...

manalishi wrote: Listen to Aiken.

About a week before the Kupec/plane stuff broke, a number of stories (including that one) started to surface for various investigators. Since then, it's just been a matter of collecting the correct documentation.
Obviously some of those docs are finally bearing fruit.

Last edited:
manalishi wrote:

Let me clarify a bit:

I don't know if the specifics of what Aiken has posted are true.
However...
A few days before the Kupec story became public I was shown some documents that strongly indicated Kupec (and others) were using the Med Air planes for their personal use. I contacted some people to see if they'd be interested in using those docs. They said it would not be necessary. (that's saying a lot, considering what was in the info)
Some details were used for cross-checking, but basically it was already known.

The Kupec/plane stuff dropped next, and then the Thorp tie-in (after he was caught in a lie) came two days later.
Considering the aforementioned information wasn't "needed" by the people I spoke with, and that other parties were at the very least mentioned in the Med Air stuff contained within, then I'd say Aiken's info has a good chance of being accurate.

Having said all that, there are other docs that reportedly would prove a lot of the "strings" surrounding the Kupec revelation.
That is what I'm guessing may have started to surface. (which, again, would support some of Aiken's claims)

A big reason the Kupec/Thorp plane stuff wasn't posted here on the boards first is because the media's investigators have been knocking it out of the park. Once it was clear that they knew about the story, that was good enough for me. They are on top of things; the days appear over where bombshells need to be dropped on PP in order for people to take notice. And I am certainly fine with that.

If you were a member on the Scout boards then just use that login.....provided you remember it since we all migrated over here a long time ago.

Thanks. Unfortunately I've forgotten my Scout info. It might be worth it to go ahead and register over there. The State fans have been all over this story.

Thanks. Unfortunately I've forgotten my Scout info. It might be worth it to go ahead and register over there. The State fans have been all over this story.

If I remember right, I think you can use your email address (or board name) as your login & then do a "forgot password" to have your email sent to your email. Hope that works for you! Like KVD said, things seem to be heating up again!

Cliff's note version? I see several UNC centered threads over there- which one should I read?

Sorry guys. The Missus wanted to watch tv. . .duty called.

The two posts that KVegas copied were the ones that got my attention. As has been posted here before, Manalishi seems to be in the know. From his posts, it appears as if he has a dialogue directly with Dan Kane. Something tells me that this information is reliable and something big is about to go down. These guys - Manlishi, SantePack and another guy who goes by Primal Scream -- have been saying for weeks that Roy Williams has coached his last game at UNC.

Back