• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

N&O has a new article out this evening. . .interview with Thorp in which he states that academic standards for athletes will become much harder in the future with far fewer exceptions. You know. . .the sort of thing that a strong academic university should be focused on.

Why did they lock the thread?

2 reasons....
1. Posters were just placing a bunch of pics in the thread with not much substance &
2. There's a new thread titled "Court rules UNC must release more info about NCAA" that has picked up more current discussion.

Also, Waffleiron is another poster "in the know" on PP.

Sorry guys. The Missus wanted to watch tv. . .duty called.

The two posts that KVegas copied were the ones that got my attention. As has been posted here before, Manalishi seems to be in the know. From his posts, it appears as if he has a dialogue directly with Dan Kane. Something tells me that this information is reliable and something big is about to go down. These guys - Manlishi, SantePack and another guy who goes by Primal Scream -- have been saying for weeks that Roy Williams has coached his last game at UNC.

Don't look for posts from Primal Scream anytime soon...not sure why, but he's been banned- he can "read only".

Whoever these guys are, they are definitely connected. I won't believe Roy is done until I actually see a fork in him, but predictions from manalishi/santepack/primalscream/waffleiron have been dead on in the past...especially the ones from manalishi.

Ah sucks, it aint no big deal. Ol' Roy and some good folks just flew up to Asheville on a freebie for playin' a little golf and partyin' with Tiger and Bill. Nothin' to see here.

The biggest thing that might be on the way is that now that the Butch 216 phone records have been released the guys who have really done all the digging (Kane and a few PackPride guys) have Butch's doctored phone records released by UNC and seen by the NCAA as well as the full phone records of Blake. We are all praying that UNC screwed up when doctoring up the 216 records and that they actually took some "job related" calls off of his 216 number. If these guys can cross-reference these against Blake's record and see calls between the two that don't match up it will just fuel the fire that the NCAA and UNC are in cahoots and are covering each other's back by not bringing the hammer down. It'll be glorious.

It's so much more interesting to watch a ship sink slowly.

Check the scout boards for UNC. The topic about Thorp putting academics first will just kill you. Best laugh Ive had in weeks.

Just a few tidbits from that thread.
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpQXOxvT.gif

UNC-Basketball-Team-Drunk-Boat.jpg

27243_358984436424_2223039_n.jpg

27243_358984476424_5974515_n.jpg

I'm dying for the other shoe to drop here...and at the same time worried we're getting excited about something that's never going to come to light. You KNOW that UNC has to be working overtime to cover up anything they did wrong. And they've done it for long enough that there are obviously some people in Chapel Hill who are very good at it.

I'm dying for the other shoe to drop here...and at the same time worried we're getting excited about something that's never going to come to light. You KNOW that UNC has to be working overtime to cover up anything they did wrong. And they've done it for long enough that there are obviously some people in Chapel Hill who are very good at it.

The difference is that they have never had the media actively working against them to shine light on their shadiness. The Raleigh media is all over this stuff. More violations will certainly come to light, the question is whether the NCAA will do anything about it.

Check the scout boards for UNC. The topic about Thorp putting academics first will just kill you. Best laugh Ive had in weeks.

Roy (following Coach Smith's lead) has always recruited quality kids who care about academics. Have some been on the edge of qualifying? Yes... but they have been kids who have a quality of character that bodes well in the classroom.
Plus.. do you REALLY think they will tell Roy that he can't bring in a student/athlete that qualifies by NCAA standards when the basketball players have not been a part of the academic problem and UNC?
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1410&t=9410876

I am more excited about this than I was when it looked like OCC were coming to Wake.

I hope it does not end the same way.

I have to admit i was looking forward to picking this thread back up tonight. I need to fill my schadenfreude tank, and this has been the gift that keeps on giving...

Heard from a friend that is close to Roy Williams that he's probably retiring to a house he's having built right now in Asheville in the next year or two because he's "drained" from coaching.

Heard from a friend that is close to Roy Williams that he's probably retiring to a house he's having built right now in Asheville in the next year or two because he's "drained" from coaching.

I wonder if they'll build a MedAir tarmac in the back yard for him?

Back