• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Thanks to avalon and all for recaps.

I do feel a real closeness with the Blue Jackets. Born in Columbus, pops lives there. Closest thing to a hometown team I have other than my newfound Sixers pride.

If I'm just getting started, is cable going to cover many games? I doubt I'll pony up for Center Ice in the first year. I'm sure I'll get most of the Flyers games on TV.

Go with your gut Townie. Embrace the Jackets. Next time you get back to Columbus, take in a game at Nationwide Arena. It's a great place to watch a game and the place is typically really loud. The Arena District in the Short North area downtown is a great place to hang out before and after the games.

Unfortunately, as someone said, the Jackets aren't one national television a lot. I've ponied up for the Center Ice Plan the past two years, but I can understand not wanting to do that. One good thing about following the Jackets is that the local coverage from the Dispatch is excellent. I know more about the Blue Jackets from reading online than I do about the Hurricanes and I follow the Hurricanes here locally as well. Aaron Portzline does a great job with not just the NHL club but with news about the prospects at the AHL and Junior levels too.

FINALLY!

... I'm not all that interested in watching the Rangers / Blackhawks game, though, TBH.

New thread or title change?

I hope they let the Rangers go back to the locker room to take a nap or something.

LET'S GO STARS!

Headed down for drinks now. Hopefully only about 30% Pens fans.

What a fucking abysmally stupid change to the rules. How about no goal challenges and just call player interference again?

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 4m
��Eichel goal celebration. #OTTvsBUF (@BWipp)

CQ1sQIDVEAALuL-.jpg

The Philly vs Tampa 3on3 was incredible, but waiting for the first season ending injury from a player going full speed into the boards, the post, or the goalie.

The Flyers had three shots on goal in the 2nd period last night. The Flyers scored two goals in the 2nd period last night. Sustainable, IMO.

Stars looked great last night. If they get anywhere near the goaltending of last night they are going to be tough.

Least amount of Pens fans I've ever seen which was great.

Back