• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

So many deals in place behind the scenes, it is impossible to tell. If they didn't work out something for Lack, I'd probably say Stempniak.

Sounds like the Canes gave the Knights a 5th round pick in exchange for them taking a scrub.

Sort of. After all the picks had been made and leaked.

Maybe it was too complicated with the weird "we'll trade draft picks not to take guys" set up, but seeing it all unfold live would've been fascinating

oh ya I agree 100%; nhl should have done a better job on the leaks as 70% of the roster was known by 3pm

Canes acquire TVR -- rumors we're setting up to trade a D for a scoring forward like Duchene.

Please please please!!!

Last edited:
I'll be curious to see where Middlestedt is drafted. I've watched a lot of MN high school hockey in my day. That kid has the best hands I've ever seen. This past year I was at the EP - Edina game (#1 vs. #2). There were scouts from every NHL team there and just about every major college program as well. No fewer than 15 kids on the ice who will play D1 and likely 2 or 3 NHL kids in time. Some Edina guy behind us says he isn't all that impressed. Not 5 seconds later Middlestedt takes the puck at the dot in his own zone and proceeds to beat three D1 prospects before forcing the goalie into a sprawling save. Guy next to our critic says, "what do you think now". First guy says sheepishly "Uh, wow". Kid did zero pull ups and zero bench presses at the combine. ZERO. Bet he still goes top 10.

I think Saad for Panarin is good for both the Jackets and the Blackhawks.

Saad is still a legit offensive threat, but he's a little streaky.

From what I can tell, Panarin is a little fast guy with a nice slapshot. I think the Jackets did this to keep up the speed of the Pens.

Teemu and Kariya going in the HOF together. That's pretty cool.

Hope they wear the teal and purple duds to the ceremony

Pretty stoked about J-Will's return. Look forward to him eliminating the Caps in Game 7 of the first round next year

I believe the asking price for Matt Duchene is one hockey team. Sakic might be the worst GM in the league.

MEANWHILE Ron Francis, assuming the Hurricanes make the playoffs this year, is making his case for GM of the year.

Back