• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

palmb03, you need to contact me

Wait... Palma you aren't going to pay? You realize this is something you'll never live down on here ever.

Then again you prefer filet to all other cuts of beef, so no one is surprised.

This thread needs the bidet pic from the Olympics in a hurry. I no longer have it.

I'm never ever going to give money to someone that makes fun of me while asking. In Vegas there is a douchebag rule that trumps all. Maybe I'm overreacting, I dunno, I've never had an internet stalker before, uncharted territory here.

Sounds like the guy who doesn't return multiple emails or PMs and tries to weasel out of paying is the real douchebag.

I'm never ever going to give money to someone that makes fun of me while asking. In Vegas there is a douchebag rule that trumps all. Maybe I'm overreacting, I dunno, I've never had an internet stalker before, uncharted territory here.

No, the thing in Vegas that trumps all is $. As in, if you don't pay the money you owe, you get your legs broken. Jaybone isn't stalking you, or being a douchebag. He's just trying to get you to follow through on the commitment you made. Pull your head out of your ass, stop being a reactionary, indignant twunt, and send him the 100 bones. Then fix your team, which could actually be pretty good if you give it some TLC.

Also, LOVE the "jb seeking m" tag. Well done, sir.

So someone would be so dickish as to sign up for a pay fantasy league, and set up a draft order to fuck some internet schmo they don't know over? That is fucked up. But again, he emailed me and the name matches a wake grad who lives in California and works for ebay. I could "recommend" him on his Linked In profile if I wanted to go virtual world kamikazi if I felt so inclined.

Only someone with so few friends that he has to enter fantasy leagues with people he has never met can be trolled in this fashion.

Wait... Palma you aren't going to pay? You realize this is something you'll never live down on here ever.

I've been in a ton of fantasy leauges, and I've never seen the league go after someone who clearly wasn't at the draft nor set his lineup. The professional gambler in me whose never welched on a bet in his life of course makes me want to pay, if someone says "hey, I'd appreciate it if ya paid since ya signed up and it cost someone a spot" then sure, I do it without question. Reading jaybone's posts sorta bring out my stubbornness, however.

I've been in a ton of fantasy leauges, and I've never seen the league go after someone who clearly wasn't at the draft nor set his lineup. The professional gambler in me whose never welched on a bet in his life of course makes me want to pay, if someone says "hey, I'd appreciate it if ya paid since ya signed up and it cost someone a spot" then sure, I do it without question. Reading jaybone's posts sorta bring out my stubbornness, however.

It's your fault you didn't make the draft or set your lineup though isn't it? You could have set the pre-draft order, you could have set the lineup after the draft, you could have at least paid attention after committing to dropping $100 on a lineup spot. This is on you.

You sound like a little freakin kid here. Deflecting the blame on everyone but yourself. You were the idiot who wasn't there for the draft, you were the idiot whom didn't set your pre-rankings. No one made you join the league and not have yourself prepared. I have been doing fantasy since Middle School, and the only time we've had an issue with people paying was when we were about 13. This is just laughable that a grown man wont accept responsibility for his actions. It's one thing if you didn't ask to sign up or signed yourself up, but you did. Talking about vegas as if that matters. Last time I went to vegas and bet, I couldn't place my bet without putting my money up front.

It's your fault you didn't make the draft or set your lineup though isn't it? You could have set the pre-draft order, you could have set the lineup after the draft, you could have at least paid attention after committing to dropping $100 on a lineup spot. This is on you.

Sure, and put it that way and there are no issues. Once you start stalking my ebay doppleganger on linked in though the desire to troll is tough to resist.

It's almost unbelievable.

Assuming what jabone has said is true, he has said as much to you and you've ignored him. when people do that shit to me I call my credit card company and inform them and they refund my money. if you had half a lick of sense you'd have responded that you were too busy to make the draft, taken full responsibility, apologized, and ask if it would be alright if you only paid 50.00. if you had done that i bet everyone would have said okay.

people understand life can throw you curve balls, but people also understand that when someone says they are going to do something, they do it. if life really did get in the way on this one, why not be up front about it, instead of ignoring repeated attempts to contact you.

Assuming what jabone has said is true, he has said as much to you and you've ignored him. when people do that shit to me I call my credit card company and inform them and they refund my money. if you had half a lick of sense you'd have responded that you were too busy to make the draft, taken full responsibility, apologized, and ask if it would be alright if you only paid 50.00. if you had done that i bet everyone would have said okay.

people understand life can throw you curve balls, but people also understand that when someone says they are going to do something, they do it. if life really did get in the way on this one, why not be up front about it, instead of ignoring repeated attempts to contact you.

I don't disagree with this whatsover. I think TAB nailed my thoughts on the head, so from the perspective of someone who doesn't check his email and had forgotten about the league to first being reminded of it from two different people texting me "jaybone's going off the deep end" its fairly hard to resist trolling someone who thinks that I ignored the fantasy league just to "fuck him over." Something about not giving a child what he wants when he throws a temper tantrum comes to mind.

It still seems absurd to me that people would even ask for a payment in a league where someone wasn't even at the draft, but I've been wrong before and the responses on this thread suggest I'm wrong again.

So how about I'll throw $150 in the pot if the mods change his custom title to "the real gaybone" for the duration of the fantasy league. The league gets their money and I get my troll.

I don't disagree with this whatsover. I think TAB nailed my thoughts on the head, so from the perspective of someone who doesn't check his email and had forgotten about the league to first being reminded of it from two different people texting me "jaybone's going off the deep end" its fairly hard to resist trolling someone who thinks that I ignored the fantasy league just to "fuck him over." Something about not giving a child what he wants when he throws a temper tantrum comes to mind.

It still seems absurd to me that people would even ask for a payment in a league where someone wasn't even at the draft, but I've been wrong before and the responses on this thread suggest I'm wrong again.

So how about I'll throw $150 in the pot if the mods change his custom title to "the real gaybone" for the duration of the fantasy league. The league gets their money and I get my troll.

Go fuck yourself, shut up and pay the man.

Preferably in that that order, but not totally necessary.

It still seems absurd to me that people would even ask for a payment in a league where someone wasn't even at the draft.

Are you fucking kidding me? You agreed to pay and it was your fault you missed the draft. What in the Fuck is wrong with you?

Back