• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

palmb03, you need to contact me

Still confused about this whole shock thing on this issue. Would a single person who was in a live fantasy league with friends charge their buddies money for a draft if they didn't show up for the draft? Of course not, you'd say "it doesn't affect me whatsoever" and not demand payment.

The difference between the real life and internet dorks I imagine. Its not cheap to be shocked someone is asking for payment, its cheap to ask for payment, FWIW.

you agreed to sign up, which in turn was an agreement to pay. you can't back out because your team sucks. you essentially agreed to pay no matter what when you agreed to sign up.

I've been in a ton of fantasy leauges, and I've never seen the league go after someone who clearly wasn't at the draft nor set his lineup. The professional gambler in me whose never welched on a bet in his life of course makes me want to pay, if someone says "hey, I'd appreciate it if ya paid since ya signed up and it cost someone a spot" then sure, I do it without question. Reading jaybone's posts sorta bring out my stubbornness, however.

Sounds to me like he asked nicely several times.

Way to stick to your guns there, Champ.

I can ignore him much life I've ignored your sorry ass every time you post something about me for the past X months. There are people on here whose opinions I do respect who agree with him, however.

Their way. Not there way.

DO YOU THINK YOU'RE A BIG MAN BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN MFA IN CREATIVE WRITING? DO YOU THINK THAT JUST BECAUSE YOU GAVE A LARGE PORTION OF YOUR LIFE TO THE SERVICE OF THIS COUNTRY THAT YOU CAN GO AROUND CORRECTING PEOPLE'S GRAMMAR? WHO THE FUCK RAISED YOU? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU IRISH? THIS IS JUST INDICATIVE OF THE ABUSE OF POWER THAT CONTINUES TO HAPPEN ON THESE BOARDS. I CAN'T BE A PART OF THIS TRAVASHAMOCKERY ANYMORE. I'M OUT OF HERE!!!111

Sounds to me like he asked nicely several times.

He did, he certainly didn't do anything wrong until he went a little looney. My email address was created 13 years ago on yahoo and has 19618 unread messages in it which are mostly spam, so I barely logon. I had wanted to participate but have been super stressed out at work.

Fact remains no one but the cheapest of people charges a buddy in a live draft with friends who doesn't show up.

Still confused about this whole shock thing on this issue. Would a single person who was in a live fantasy league with friends charge their buddies money for a draft if they didn't show up for the draft? Of course not, you'd say "it doesn't affect me whatsoever" and not demand payment.

The difference between the real life and internet dorks I imagine. Its not cheap to be shocked someone is asking for payment, its cheap to ask for payment, FWIW.

The draft isn't what signed you up for a pay league. You signed yourself up for a pay league.

And I would absolutely insist my buddy paid into a pay league he agreed to join. You have to hold your friends accountable for their poor decisions

Last edited:
The draft isn't what signed you up for a pay league. You signed yourself up for a pay league.

And if a friend of mine paid me for a pay league and wasn't able to draft I wouldn't charge him. Would you? Of course not, since its not hurting you whatsoever.

And if a friend of mine paid me for a pay league and wasn't able to draft I wouldn't charge him. Would you? Of course not, since its not hurting you whatsoever.

Of course it hurts you. It's less money in the pot. Less money for you to win. Why else gamble with money with your friends?

why did you sign up if there was the potential chance of you not being able to draft fairly?

Let's hypothetically say , the computer auto-drafts a nice team for you. Are you still clamoring not to pay right now? I highly doubt that.

why did you sign up if there was the potential chance of you not being able to draft fairly?

One of the entities I'm a controller for is in a partnership with a public company that just sold our company in a large transaction. Since they are a public company I was given 2 days notice of the sale (they keep it secret, so it was unexpected), and the 133 properties just closed this Thursday, less than 2 weeks after announced, which is absolutely unheard of in a sale this size.

My investors are about 500 retirees that got ripped off in a ponzi scheme that just got told they got all their money back, but we have to navigate their tax impact, as most got involved with tax deferred exchanges and now were unexpectedly told they'd have a large tax bill.

Plus I had a pre-planned vacation a day after it was announced, so this draft which I think was tuesday, I was innundated with over 200 voicemails and emails to get back to as I got back into town on Sunday night. The draft on tuesday was the last thing on my mind.

It's only 100 bucks Palma. Are you poor or something?

And I have been in a number of leagues where people auto-drafted and still charged them. You made the commitment. When you agree to sign up for something, you are held accountable for what comes with your agreement. If you went away on vacation for a week or two, do you call up your cable provider and say you refuse to pay the full bill since you weren't around for that week or weekend?

Palma's team is still decent. Is it a roto league or H2H? If I had $100 I'd be in in a heartbeat to take over and take this team to the glory land.

Let's hypothetically say , the computer auto-drafts a nice team for you. Are you still clamoring not to pay right now? I highly doubt that.

Sure, why not play it out. Can you imagine telling your buddy we drafted all injured guys for you, but I expect you to still play it out and pay up? I couldn't imagine having that conversation with anyone I know.

Fwiw I missed my football draft and still paid.

This is why our commish password protects the league and sends each person the password when they pay.

Back