• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UConn ranked #23

"Jeff [Redacted] sucks as a basketball coach."
-RacerDeac, OGBoards.com forum poster

If we are only down five with a minute to go (and get blown out once we start hacking and fouling) I think we have to consider giving this team and its leadership a reprieve from constant attack.

If we win, people need to lay off Bzz en masse.

Any more evidence required to determine this guy is a troll from another school?

Continuous bashing of a football coach that has gone .500 at one of the losingest football programs in the US and support for a coach at a program that has yet to beat in NIT caliber squad at a program that frequents the top 25 historically.

Subtlety is lost on you, Chris. What kind of asshole doesn't know that Jeff [Redacted] is an incompetent moron? I don't care if [Redacted] beats UCONN. He obviously blows and UCONN has a first year coach. Beating them is nothing to write home about.

Fire Bzz; fire Grobe; fire Wellman. FIRE EVERYBODY (except the Women's Field Hockey and soccer coaches, of course)!

I mean in reality its clearly a troll as seen by the hiding of his IP address behind a proxy server. The law of the land should be proxy server ='s ban.

That's silly. Plenty of people browse from proxies due to work restrictions or just because they value their privacy.

That's silly. Plenty of people browse from proxies due to work restrictions or just because they value their privacy.

If its work related, they should have a regular IP at home. I don't buy the privacy thing, proxies are mostly used by trolls.

If its work related, they should have a regular IP at home. I don't buy the privacy thing, proxies are mostly used by trolls.

Trolls and smart people. I'm one of the few geek types I know who doesn't regularly surf behind proxies.

If the "don't be a douche" rule is enforced, it wouldn't matter where people post from.

"Jeff [Redacted] is one of the top coaches in the country, and one of the most prepared and experienced. Jeff may be quiet and soft spoken in demeanor, but he is also an intense competitor that understands the pursuit of excellence on and off the court. Jeff has always stressed trust, hard work and togetherness, and he has always been about the players first. From the NBA to college, Jeff has seen it all in this game, has handled everything with class, and has been successful at every stop. Wake Forest got a good one in Jeff [Redacted]."
- Jay Bilas, ESPN Basketball Analyst

"Jeff [Redacted] is one of the smartest, most knowledgeable, hardest working coaches I have ever worked with. His teams in the NBA and college have achieved beyond their talent levels. Recruits to Wake Forest will play for a coach who was successful in the NBA for a long time and will teach them what they need to know to make it to the NBA."
- Stan Van Gundy, Head Coach, Orlando Magic

I love when quotes that were compiled by their own subject to advance their career are used as serious endorsements/testimonials when that person's career has gone to shit.

I know some are being quoted ironically, but I'll just point out that if any powerful person in the coaching fraternity really thought those things about Bz... As a former NBA head coach, why did he have to cold-call Air Force (during his kid's hospital visit, if I remember his own story) looking for work?

Any word on the defense we've asked UConn to play for this game?

You must spread some reputation...

i'm guessing you didn't watch the Radford game because my conclusion from that game is that we unfortunately still suck. there will be no positive surprise from a Jeff [Redacted] coached team

FIFY. Unfortunately, I think Buzz still has some surprises for us... to the downside.

... what will it take for you to feel positive about the game after it's over?

For Nathan Hatch to announce the IMMEDIATE dismissal of Ron Wellman and Jeff [Redacted] from employment at Wake Forest University. If that happens, I will feel positive about what is absolutely the BEST outcome for a basketball game since Buzz arrived.

You guys are way too pessimistic about our chances against the Huskies. There's a good chance they're looking past us to their Stony Brook game next week.

If we are only down five with a minute to go (and get blown out once we start hacking and fouling) I think we have to consider giving this team and its leadership a reprieve from constant attack.

If we win, people need to lay off Bzz en masse.

Well at least you're consistent with your sense of humor.

You guys are way too pessimistic about our chances against the Huskies. There's a good chance they're looking past us to their Stony Brook game next week.

Sad thing is...

images

Back