• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UConn ranked #23

Srsly, how do I bet on this game in that case?

UCONN is -10...

Holy (*#@.

I've somewhat jokingly assigned 5-star locks to spreads since my college days and to-date I'm 9-0. I don't think this would even fall on that scale; maybe I'll implement a 6th star level to my system.

30 of Bz's 32 games at Wake against teams ranked in the top-100 have resulted in losses by 10-points or more.

Uconn is currently sitting at #32

KP has the projection at 12, but I was expecting any real line out there to be in the 16-18 range.

Reminds me of the UNC - Wake football line. Be careful betting against Wake here... Vegas doesn't put out bad lines. Of course they could easily lose by 30, but my only advice is if you are betting against Wake, bet the UConn moneyline. Sure, you wont make quite as much... but you avoid the dreaded double whammy Wake loss between 1 and 9.

Reminds me of the UNC - Wake football line. Be careful betting against Wake here... Vegas doesn't put out bad lines. Of course they could easily lose by 30, but my only advice is if you are betting against Wake, bet the UConn moneyline. Sure, you wont make quite as much... but you avoid the dreaded double whammy Wake loss between 1 and 9.

Who is going to have the stones to bet UCONN straight up and parlay that with giving Wake the points?

Vegas might be the only BzzInner left. But hey, great chance to make a little cash out of our misery.

Would think BC-Baylor was a similar matchup to Wake-UConn. BC only down 7 with a minute and a half left. Early season neutral games with no crowds sometimes make it hard for the players to get into it.

You guys are way too pessimistic about our chances against the Huskies. There's a good chance they're looking past us to their Stony Brook game next week.

There's a lot of win in this post.

And people really thought a game on a neutral court between two BCS teams on a neutral court was going to be an 18 point line? I realize that people think Wake is really bad on here, but 10 is about right. UConn may cover, but I don't think Wake gets blown out. I see this one close in the first half and they stretch it out between high single digits, low double digits in the second half. 10 is about right IMO.

And people really thought a game on a neutral court between two BCS teams on a neutral court was going to be an 18 point line? I realize that people think Wake is really bad on here, but 10 is about right.

The last top-25 team Wake played was Duke. That game was at home. In our most recent game, we had just beaten Boston College by 29. Duke had just been taken to overtime in their previous game by our fellow-last place team, VT. Our spread vs Duke spread opened at 13.5. Isn't home-court considered to be a 4-point swing? Assuming neutral-court is half of that each direction... I don't think expecting the spread to be 16-18 is all that far-fetched.

Looks like I picked the wrong weekend to be in Vegas...

I was in Vegas for the first time last year for a work conference during the ACC tournament. I was floored when I saw the line in the Wake/Maryland game was only 4. Literally the easiest $100 I've ever made.

The last top-25 team Wake played was Duke. That game was at home. In our most recent game, we had just beaten Boston College by 29. Duke had just been taken to overtime in their previous game by our fellow-last place team, VT. Our spread vs Duke spread opened at 13.5. Isn't home-court considered to be a 4-point swing? Assuming neutral-court is half of that each direction... I don't think expecting the spread to be 16-18 is all that far-fetched.

Generally worth 2.5-3 I believe. Duke was also ranked third which we all know is a good bit better than Uconn being 23rd. Everyone knew Duke was really good and everyone knew Wake was pretty bad (13-15 entering the game) and it was still only 13.5. I think that proves my point that 10 is a pretty normal line here. Also we covered that line.

Also we covered that line.

& that's the only 1 of the 30 top-100 losses we've had under Bz that was kept to single-digits. You might be more accurate than me about the 'normal line'; but if that's the case... you could make a frickin' fortune following Jeff [Redacted] around in games like this.

I doubt there is an exploitable pattern of Vegas bias towards this Wake coached Bz team ATS... that wouldn't make any sense. Last year for example we went 14-13-1 ATS for games that had lines.

I doubt there is an exploitable pattern of Vegas bias towards this Wake coached Bz team ATS... that wouldn't make any sense. Last year for example we went 14-13-1 ATS for games that had lines.

Run that for top-100 teams. Either we were getting hefty double digit spreads or all but 1 of those covers came against teams out of the top 100.

Off the top of my head Virginia Tech was top 100 when we played them the 1st ACC game... line opened at +6.5... everyone on ogboards yelled about easy money. Wake won outright. We covered both Duke games and a road game at NC State that was +13 (which would have been about +10 on a neutral court and State finished in kenpom about where UConn is now).

Look, if you think its free money, don't let me stop you. We've obviously shown the capacity to get clown stomped under Bz. I just think the odds are closer to 50/50 than you think... as Vegas is pretty good.

Last edited:
Just realized this game is on tv tomorrow. I'm going to get sucked in again... and hate myself for it.

Back