• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Could Wake go to a Bowl with a 5-7 record?

I hope we would turn down the offer at 5-7, but we wouldn't do it.

Although it wouldn't bother me a bit to turn it down, the extra practice time and payout would make it unwise to turn down I think.

For those unfamiliar, Louisiana Tech leads the country in points scored (52). They have the 12th most rushing yards and the 5th most passing yards. They currently stand at 9-2, with the losses being to Texas A&M (who they scored 57 against) and Utah State (also 9-2).

Oh my, going to a bowl with a 5-7 record and playing La Tech who scores points like crazy, sounds like my kind of party!!! Seriously, if we get in a bowl this way, I'll watch and pull hard for us as always, but there is no reason under the sun a losing team should get in a bowl game. It's bad enough 6-6 teams go to bowl games.

Yes, but it'll definitely mean that Sonny Dykes will have no interest in us once we can Grobe.

If we accept, I'll seriously have to think about whether or not to put the logo on the trailer. One saving grace is that I dont have the scores or records on there...

If we accept, I'll seriously have to think about whether or not to put the logo on the trailer. One saving grace is that I dont have the scores or records on there...

You could put Kinal's record on there.

Although it wouldn't bother me a bit to turn it down, the extra practice time and payout would make it unwise to turn down I think.

Would the additional embarrassment of getting blown out on national TV (not to mention getting raked over the coals by the media for being a sub-500 bowl team) be worth the extra practice and money?

Would the additional embarrassment of getting blown out on national TV (not to mention getting raked over the coals by the media for being a sub-500 bowl team) be worth the extra practice and money?

Along with the embarrassment of the execution of our "cupcake passing attack". Bad idea. Let's put this year behind us after Saturday....Start fresh with a new coaching staff next fall.

If this were to happen, the only mention WF will get during bowl season is as exhibit A for how there are too many bowls.

This is so true and so Wake...

File it away in the exposure for the wrong reasons folder along with Josh Howard's war comments, Teague-Clark shenanigans and Billy Packer feuding with Martelli.

Sweet. Now we already have a built-in excuse for playing like shit against Vandy - we're already in a bowl game!

This might be the most Wake thing of all the Wake things.

god that's funny. At least we'll be the answer to a sports trivia question: Who is the only college football team to finish the season with a 5-8 record?

What is Wellman doing today?

- Is he working the phones to set us up for this awesome bowl opportunity after Vandy shuts us out at home on Saturday (that would be 3 games and 6 total points lately).

- It is about 1:00, so my guess is he is eating a swank free lunch somewhere on campus.

- Or is he working from home since this is Thanksgiving week. Obviously oblivious to the fact we just got bitch-slapped over the weekend including soccer.

- Or is he up in the mountains at his mountain home with the grand-kids high on tryctophan, down the road from Roy Williams?

What he should be doing? Talking to Buzz and Grobe/Lobo about the success ND, Duke, Northwestern, Stanford, Baylor, Vandy, St. Joes, and seemingly everybody else is having with similar academics/academic restraints.

"No, Buzz, you can't coach."

Back