• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Could Wake go to a Bowl with a 5-7 record?

Lets beat Vandy and earn our crappy bowl bid.

Still a chance to end up Music City if Virginia upsets Va Tech.

Our players aren't playing like they want to go to a bowl game. Teams that want a bowl score more than 6 points and allow fewer than 75. Obviously the coaches aren't coaching like they want to win either.

I don't think Nashville would take the Deacs two years in a row unless forced by conference rules. I would go back to Nashville in a heartbeat. Great all-around atmosphere for the game (minus those damn cowbells).

Wonder what Mark May would say about this? Seems like he always goes out of his way to throw some hate our way any chance he gets.

Our players aren't playing like they want to go to a bowl game.

I'm sure the players will be absolutely THRILLED to learn this dream season could continue into their Christmas Break, culminating with an awesome trip to Shreveport on the day after Christmas.

Say we ACTUALLY win Saturday (I know, it's tough to get the words out...) where is our likely destination at 6-6? Assuming VT beats UVA. Is Shreveport our only option?

I don't think Nashville would take the Deacs two years in a row unless forced by conference rules. I would go back to Nashville in a heartbeat. Great all-around atmosphere for the game (minus those damn cowbells).

Hell yeah. If by some miracle we actually did get invited again I'd be all over that. Nashville is the tits.

I'm sure the players will be absolutely THRILLED to learn this dream season could continue into their Christmas Break, culminating with an awesome trip to Shreveport on the day after Christmas.

Not that it matters to your point but I'm pretty sure the bowl is on the 28th now.

Dear Lord please, this. Nashville was so much fun last year.

6157%20Demos.JPG

Dear Lord please, this. Nashville was so much fun last year.

6157%20Demos.JPG

+1.

I feel that every Miss State and WFU ate at that place. Probably more ppl who did than who didnt, it seems, because everyone I talked to who went to N-vegas, went to demos (me included).

Say we ACTUALLY win Saturday (I know, it's tough to get the words out...) where is our likely destination at 6-6? Assuming VT beats UVA. Is Shreveport our only option?

Wishful thinking. Vandy will roll us before halftime, unfortunately.

Our players aren't playing like they want to go to a bowl game. Teams that want a bowl score more than 6 points and allow fewer than 75. Obviously the coaches aren't coaching like they want to win either.

I've never seen players going through the motions wanting a season to end more than our sorry ass team. Same with the coaches. It would be a disservice to the opponent to have to play a 5-7 Wake team in a bowl.

By the way, I assume there is virtually no chance of events transpiring that would actually result in us ending up in a bowl game at 5-7, but someone feel free to do the legwork and confirm or deny. This feels like one of those "what happens in the event of a tie in the Electoral College?" scenarios.

This is when we need that Chrispy dude.

Last edited:
I looked it up last night and I think that roughly 63/64 of the 70 bowl spots have been filled and there are 12-13 4, (in the case of 2 BE teams) or 5 win teams left that could still make it to 6. I think I remember only 7-8 having a real chance at it.

In other words, it could absolutely happen.

From this article....http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/11/will_college_football_have_eno.html

With three weeks to go, Football Bowl Association Executive Director Wright Waters currently counts 56 eligible teams. The magic number is 70 -- two teams for each of the 35 bowls. Waters counts 14 teams at five wins and 18 teams with four wins.

"My personal thinking is this week we get 11 more eligible, which would get us to 67," Waters said. "Then the question is which of those four-win teams moves into the five-win category and gets eligible."

ETA: This article was from last week.

Back