• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Could Wake go to a Bowl with a 5-7 record?

I'm getting really excited for the ridiculous potential this scenario presents. I need a list of teams to root for so this can play out.

I cannot imagine what kind of emails and promotional stuff the AD will send out if this happens. It's almost impossible to send out positive mailings that won't get mocked, and for good reason.

COME SEE THE WORST BOWL TEAM EVER!!!!!

GIT YOUR TICKETS!!!!

I cannot imagine what kind of emails and promotional stuff the AD will send out if this happens. It's almost impossible to send out positive mailings that won't get mocked, and for good reason.

Like Dirk, I eagerly await the 4 day/3 night $2k package that will be shoveled to us.

I relish the opportunity of finishing 6-7 again, and having multiple ways of getting there!

I relish the opportunity of finishing 6-7 again, and having multiple ways of getting there!

It would be hilarious if we lost tomorrow, backed our way into a bowl and then somehow upset Louisiana Tech (or whoever) once we got there to finish with the same record as last year.

So, a quick glance at today's schedule gives me who to pull for today:

Rutgers over Pitt
Louisville over UConn
UVA over VaTech
Indiana over Purdue
Tulsa over SMU
UTSA over Texas St. (wasn't there something about how Texas St. could go since they are a transitional program, or something?)
Texas Tech over Baylor
Minnesota over Michigan St.
MTSU over Troy
Mississippi St. over Ole Miss
Texas A&M over Missouri

LET CHAOS REIGN!!!

let me know if I missed any games

If my numbers are right there are currently 65 bowl eligible teams, but I don't think that UTSA can go to a bowl so that makes it 64.

Central Michigan and West Virginia won yesterday to get it to 64.

So basically there are 11 teams for 6 spots if you include Rice (who is ahead of us in APR), or 10 teams for 5 spots if Rice doesn't make it.

If my numbers are right there are currently 65 bowl eligible teams, but I don't think that UTSA can go to a bowl so that makes it 64.

Central Michigan and West Virginia won yesterday to get it to 64.

So basically there are 11 teams for 6 spots if you include Rice (who is ahead of us in APR), or 10 teams for 5 spots if Rice doesn't make it.

I heard last night that the top 5 apr teams are put in a pool and chosen from that pool. Although I have not read that anywhere. Also heard we would not accept a bid if we are 5-7.

I heard last night that the top 5 apr teams are put in a pool and chosen from that pool. Although I have not read that anywhere. Also heard we would not accept a bid if we are 5-7.

Unless accepting a bowl bid at 5-7 is a big financial loss, which it may be, not accepting a bid is fucking stupid.

Nice job, Mike London.

I missed it. Basically what he screwed up was not allowing his team to have about a minute and a half to be able to drive back down the field for a tying field goal? That was not smart, though I somehow doubt UVA would have even been able to do that.

They had two timeouts, and VT was just going to run into the line and kick a FG. UVA would've gotten the ball back down 3 with about a min left. Instead he calls no timeouts at any point, lets Thomas fall on the ball in the middle of the field and kick a FG with no time left right between the hashes. Oh wait, but he used BOTH timeouts to ice the kicker! Brilliant.

Back