• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Could Wake go to a Bowl with a 5-7 record?

DeacInVermont

Reaction score
Jerry Palm says yes:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/jerry-palm/21054930

"Finally, in my projection, this is also good for Wake Forest -- the Demon Deacons now find themselves in a bowl with a projected 5-7 record. Teams with 5-7 records are the last category for fill-in teams, and they get selected in APR order. Among teams with potential 5-7 records, Wake is second in APR behind Rice, which is already in my bowl projections."

Shreveport here we come!

l-Hallelujah.jpg

If this were to happen, the only mention WF will get during bowl season is as exhibit A for how there are too many bowls.

Incidentally, he has us in the Independence against Louisiana Tech.

Oh my, going to a bowl with a 5-7 record and playing La Tech who scores points like crazy, sounds like my kind of party!!! Seriously, if we get in a bowl this way, I'll watch and pull hard for us as always, but there is no reason under the sun a losing team should get in a bowl game. It's bad enough 6-6 teams go to bowl games.

Some PLEASE let me know when I can reserve my seat on the Deacon Club charter flight to this one!

Haha yes please. Can't you just see our AD spinning this for to help with next year's season ticket sales?

I hope we would turn down the offer at 5-7, but we wouldn't do it.

Wow. The bowl system has completely jumped the shark if a sub-.500 team can get in to one.

How can you have a losing record and go to a bowl game? That's just not right.

God. And next year people will say Grobe's done a good job because he gets us to bowl games.

Back