• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Army-Navy Game

My boss twenty years ago was a Naval Academy grad and was the biggest jerk I ever worked for. Treated people like shit. So I always root for Army.

That ex-boss of mine is now CEO of General Motors, FWIW.

"Any college kicker should be able to make a 40 yarder"

Except for Jimmy Newman

Army-Navy game glorifying and worshiping military power? You are one fucked up dude!

Yeah, I have to part ways with Coach Knight when it comes to the military. I think that glorifying the military and worshipping military power has gotten this country into a bunch of unnecessary trouble. We should have a strong military that fights wars by air and/or strategic seal-type actions....and as seldom as possible. We don't need to have 170,000-man invasion forces to occupy nations around the globe for highly questionable reasons. Just one man's opinion. I guess that the way "patriotism" was used to fan the fires for the Iraq War soured me on "waving the flag". And I am a veteran, so I think I have a right to express my opinion.

The kids who attend West Point and the Naval Academy are some of the most admirable young people are country produces. Regardless of the type of military you think we should have, it absolutely has to have people like them.

The kids who attend West Point and the Naval Academy are some of the most admirable young people are country produces. Regardless of the type of military you think we should have, it absolutely has to have people like them.

agree 100%

Nothing against those people....but if this isn't a form of "glorifying the military", why the hell is this game on TV? Most of the time it has two teams that are something like 3-8 on the year, playing in a nationally televised game.

Because few other schools have players that go step in front of bullets for us after they graduate. I understand your argument, but it exposes your preference for "playing the right way" as bullshit. I'm no war hawk at all, but if there are no collegiate athletes that play more "the right way" than the service academies.

This is the purest college football you will find.

Yea, I agree, but it's still college football. I knew a kid who was recruited to play QB for Navy, and he was basically recruited just as he was to any other school. Navy was just the best D-1 offer he got so he went there.

The war in Iraq wasn't "for us". That's just a load of crap the GOP Chickenhawks tried to sell. As I said, I'm a veteran. I spent two years of active duty in the U S Army. Most of the people criticizing me on this board for my opinion never served. They are the "arm-chair, flag-waving, warrior-patriots" like those GOP Chickenhawks who pimped that war in Iraq for others to fight & die in.....needlessly.

You couldn't resist could you? You just had to go and make an ass of yourself.

Just when I thought I couldn't dislike BKF anymore, he just keeps on giving me reasons to. "Clark, that's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year"

I served. Perhaps you'd rather watch a parade?

08 New Chinese Military Parade 2009 国庆60周年特别报道直播Shilochi

Back