• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our Next BB Coach or #MannUp + other coach talk

Gregg Marshall should be #3 on the list. Not #3 on the backup/safety list, but rather on the main list.

Wichita st vs Creighton was a WAR yesterday. Both teams played their hearts out. Koch arena was packed too for the game. Marshall can def coach.

I still want to give Fuller a shot after the big dog mid major coaches shoot us down.

Gregg Marshall should be #3 on the list. Not #3 on the backup/safety list, but rather on the main list.

This.

1. Stevens
2. Smart
3. Marshall (first hirable name of the three, but we better at least approach the other two)
4-X. See rest of thread.

I still want to give Fuller a shot after the big dog mid major coaches shoot us down.

Jeff Goodman is tweeting that Haith is going to get an unethical conduct charge soon from NCAA. I don't know Fuller's role in anything that happened, but since WF is more image conscious than just about anything else in the world I'm sure the chances of Filler to Wake are about to drop big time, due to association if nothing else.

Roman Banks has Southern ranked 114th in KenPom. For comparison, the best end of year ranking for a SWAC team since KP started in 2003 is MVSU at 189 in 2004.

He was the PG at Northwestern State when they beat UK in Rupp Arena in the 90's.

He took Southern from a 4-26 record the year before he got there, to 17-14 last year, and they are now 13-6 (with a win over Texas A&M), and KP projects them to win 23 games. They could actually avoid getting a #16 seed in the NCAA, which is unreal for a SWAC team.

Jeff Goodman is tweeting that Haith is going to get an unethical conduct charge soon from NCAA. I don't know Fuller's role in anything that happened, but since WF is more image conscious than just about anything else in the world I'm sure the chances of Filler to Wake are about to drop big time, due to association if nothing else.

The Haith issue is related to Miami and the ongoing saga there (mostly involving football). Fuller wasn't with Haith in Miami...still could see Wellman using that against him though...

Roman Banks has Southern ranked 114th in KenPom. For comparison, the best end of year ranking for a SWAC team since KP started in 2003 is MVSU at 189 in 2004.

He was the PG at Northwestern State when they beat UK in Rupp Arena in the 90's.

He took Southern from a 4-26 record the year before he got there, to 17-14 last year, and they are now 13-6 (with a win over Texas A&M), and KP projects them to win 23 games. They could actually avoid getting a #16 seed in the NCAA, which is unreal for a SWAC team.

That's impressive. Has he beaten anybody?

Won @ Texas A&M.

7-0 in conference with 5 double digit wins.

Dr. Brett Reed now 3-0 in conference without McCollum. Book it.

I actually like Marshall more. I would take any of the top coaches from the MVC.

Damn, that's nice. He's going to be the coach at a decent mid-major next year.

Do SWAC head coaches move up the ladder much? I can't think of a big time coach who got went through the SWAC or the MEAC for that matter. Fang Mitchell is still at Coppin State. The Hampton coach is an assistant at Creighton after bombing at Evansville.

Fuller had 'early contact' with Devan Downey when at Wake. Devan was not allowed to transfer to Wake as a result. I suspect that Wellman will hold that against him since it doesn't embrace the culture that Bzzz is establishing.

Do SWAC head coaches move up the ladder much? I can't think of a big time coach who got went through the SWAC or the MEAC for that matter. Fang Mitchell is still at Coppin State. The Hampton coach is an assistant at Creighton after bombing at Evansville.

You bring up a good question. Upon reflection, the cynic in me doubts it due to all of the usual suspects.

In addition to your example, Anthony Evans is still at Norfolk State, where he's been since 2007...

I just think what Banks has done there is really impressive. Hopefully, he bucks the trend.

Watching Temple and Butler play lots of great basketball. I went and looked at Fran Dunphy's career - damn impressive. His teams have done work. Probably deserves more recognition then he receives but he loves Philly.

LaSalle leading VCU and beat Butler last week. Maybe we should look at their coach if we can't get Stevens or Shaka.

We supposedly looked at Dr. John when we hired Skip. That kind of tells you what his last 12 years have been like (mediocre).

VCU now ahead btw.

I believe we were down to those two if I am not mistaken.

Also, I bet LT -2.5 so I'm hoping they pull this one out tonight @USU.

Back