• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our Next BB Coach or #MannUp + other coach talk

I'd say the thought of him leaving becomes a strong possibility, but Wake being the destination is unlikely.

And I was pegging Bennett as a dark horse for us. We seem to better when we have Lithuaians, but I was willing to see how hoops assies could do for us after record setting punter Mate came to town. (And after seeing GT make to the final 4 with that freaky red hed aussie of theirs).
Guess that can't be part of the culture now.

I'll say again: If Jeff Jones has left his evil ways behind, he might get a look.

I've really liked what Randy Bennett has done at St. Mary's. Seems to be some problems with how they recruit all of those kids from Australia. The hammer thus falleth...

The NCAA has placed Saint Mary's on four years of probation for a ''failure to monitor its men's basketball program,'' reducing scholarships after it says the perennial mid-major power committed several recruiting violations. A report by the NCAA Committee on Infractions released Friday found that Gaels coach Randy Bennett ''acted unethically in his recruitment of international prospects'' and ''failed to promote an atmosphere for compliance.'' Bennett will not be allowed to recruit off campus and will serve a five-game suspension next season.

Saint Mary's will still be allowed to participate in the West Coast Conference tournament and the NCAA tournament but can't play in preseason or in-season tournaments. The men's basketball program also will have a reduction in scholarships from 13 to 11 for the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons and an elimination of all foreign tours until the start of the 2017-18 season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaa-hits-saint-marys-recruiting-162049620--ncaab.html

I did enjoy the "wait there is a basketball game tomorrow? I thought this was for volleyball"

LT has two tough road games coming up to finish the season (tonight @ 19-10 NMSU and Saturday @ 19-8 Denver). Kid is mad young, but you can't argue with results. What has impressed a lot of people is his ability to take a roster and adapt a style of play to fit their strengths. His team now can't shoot a lick, but they get all sorts of extra possessions based off a great TO margin that comes from his version of 40 minutes of hell. He demands effort and energy, which is something I haven't seen in W-S at all recently.

My man Chris Holtmann at Gardner Webb won 10 of 11 to finish the regular season with 20 wins and earn the 2 seed in the conference tournament. Quarterfinals today. I probably just jinxed him pretty hard.

My man Chris Holtmann at Gardner Webb won 10 of 11 to finish the regular season with 20 wins and earn the 2 seed in the conference tournament. Quarterfinals today. I probably just jinxed him pretty hard.

He's no match for my guy Casey Roberts who will take care of business today against High Point. #301

Yeah, La. Tech's gonna have to win the WAC tourney.

Probably was always going to be the case though

Watching the A-Sun championship game right now. Florida Gulf Coast looks pretty good. Harry Enfield is in his second year there. His first year they went 15-17 (8-10) and this year they are 23-10 (13-5). Prior to that they never won more than 11 (7) games, and the program has only been D1 for 6 years. He coached under Leonard Hamilton at FSU and before that was an assistant/consultant in the NBA (a shooting expert). Should be on the back-up list imo.

FGCU profile: http://www.fgcuathletics.com/athletics/directory/2104/andy-enfield/
An article: http://www.bloguin.com/runthefloor/2012-articles/may/remember-this-name-andy-enfield.html
Also: http://www.naplesnews.com/photos/2011/apr/29/303286/

One more vote for Paulsen at Bucknell. Back to the tourney for the Bison.

Regular season ends on a three-game losing streak after winning 18 in a row.

Clearly looking ahead to the Wake gig already

Almost twice as many wins as Bz who is close to twice as old.

Back