• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our Next BB Coach or #MannUp + other coach talk

We have no idea if any of those guys can recruit or coach on this level. Plus we are in the toilet, we don't have another three years to wait and see.

Go big or stay home.

rj you were appetit's biggest critic when he was pushing Groce 2 years ago right?

I used to be on the Mooney bandwagon but not anymore. You have to have the right personnel to run that Princeton system, and their O can look real bad when they don't have that. The other thing is, even though he's mostly won there, he hasn't generated much excitement with their fan base. Much more energized fan base at VCU than UR. I just think the Princeton O wouldn't be a good recruiting draw at Wake and wouldn't do much to put fannies in seats.

I'm still pissed Norwood Teague left VCU last year. I wanted the package deal with him and Shaka.

SHAKA SMART IS NOT COMING TO WAKE FOREST.

BRAD STEVENS IS NOT COMING TO WAKE FOREST.

Carry on.

Our next coach damn well better be Smart or Stevens!

Come on RW, make it happen!!

I marvel that there are still people out there who believe Stevens is at all a possibility. Shaka is a long shot but maybe possible for a lot of $$ and prolly a new AD.

Ben Jacobson - Northern Iowa

135-75 career record
Been at Northern Iowa since 2001(01-06 as an Asst., 06-present as HC)
6 straight winning seasons as HC
Makes about $475,000 a year
Academics also are of the highest priority under Jacobson. UNI posted a 3.23 team cumulative grade point average in the fall 2010 semester. A total of 18 Panther basketball players have earned first-team, second-team or honorable mention Academic All-Conference honors since 2003.

Let's see Groce finish a couple seasons before we anoint him. He's having a very good start.

My guess is he won't be finishing in the Top 10.

2012-13 OVERALL RANKINGS
POINTS PER GAME
43rd

OVERALL
REBOUNDS PER GAME
138th
OVERALL

ASSISTS PER GAME
231st

OVERALL
FIELD GOAL PCT
99th

I hope he does well, but he's lucky he only plays IU and Michigan once each this year.

135-75 career record
Academics also are of the highest priority under Jacobson. UNI posted a 3.23 team cumulative grade point average in the fall 2010 semester. A total of 18 Panther basketball players have earned first-team, second-team or honorable mention Academic All-Conference honors since 2003.

Didn't UNI upset Kansas in the dance like 2-3 years ago?

no one worth having is coming here until we have an AD who can bring in someone worth having.

We have to go balls to the walls and get a top name. We have to pay what it costs.

When we hired [Redacted] we could have hired one of these guys, but not now.

We've got to open the Brinks truck for Shaka, Stevens or Alford.

Steve Alford may not pass the Hatch "culture" test. Isn't he a bit of a rep for being a slimeball ?

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah science!

135-75 career record

Ali Farokhmanesh

Steve Alford may not pass the Hatch "culture" test. Isn't he a bit of a rep for being a slimeball ?

I'd take any of these guys, Ali is probably ready to coach now.

Let's see Groce finish a couple seasons before we anoint him. He's having a very good start.

My guess is he won't be finishing in the Top 10.

The Illini are 29th in KenPom right now, so no, they probably won't finish top 10. They weren't expected to be top 50 though, so I think most Illinois fans are pretty happy right now.

Not getting the Dane Fife love. While at IPFW, his only head coaching job to date, he was 82-97.

No Shaka Smart? I'll take Keith Smart

holy shit Keith Smart is an NBA head coach?!? I had no idea. And here I thought I was pulling an obscure name out.

Last edited:
Back