• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our Next BB Coach or #MannUp + other coach talk

We don't have the luxury of the time for people to get to know our new coach. That will take a couple of years. We can't afford that. We have to swing for the fences or have a lost decade.

I would pay top dollar for a hidden cam, mystery theatre type deal, where I could watch Shaka Smart or brad Stevens diagnose Wake Game film. I just feel like they would have so many critiques before they even got to "lack of experience and talent" as a critique. This is poorly coached basketball.

Sleeper Coach Tracker: 10/18
-Chris Holtmann (#145 Gardner Webb): L 62-60 @ #115 ECU. GW missed a FT with 2 seconds left, which would have tied the game. Spread was ECU -6, so GW should move up a bit tomorrow.
-Andrew Toole (#111 Robert Morris): W 66-61 @ #219 La Lafayette. Spread was RM -3, so RM should move up a bit tomorrow.

-Michael White (#108 La Tech): Next game: 12/29 vs #83 Denver
-Ben Jacobson (#76 Northern Iowa): Next game: Tomorrow @ #21 UNLV.

Last edited:
Has Dawkins done anything at Stanford? Too lazy to look up his record.

I think Fife will one day be a decent coach. I think when he was at IPFW he was the youngest, or close to the youngest coach in America. They had kids playing there that were not equipped to play DI. I'd take him though.

Is the White guy son of former, mostly failed ND AD Kevin White? And probably acquaintance of one N O. H. All set. I don't have aspirations of becoming Rice, which our fearless leader NOH seems to be hellbent on becoming. (Rice doesn't have Greek life does it?)

Lots of people on here are either over the top sarcastic or barely literate stupid...
If this were listed in Vegas John Wooden and Brad Stevens would have the same odds.

anyone who knows this guy from Wake had to chuckle when they saw this thread

6715677.jpeg

Jesus what a press conference.

I'll never forget the speech he gave at the Carolina Challenge this year. He is simply a phenomenal speaker.

Jesus what a press conference.

I'll never forget the speech he gave at the Carolina Challenge this year. He is simply a phenomenal speaker.

If you follow Coach Kels on Twitter, there is no doubt he will build a winner in Rock Hill. If anyone on the tree has the ability to exceed the success of Skip Prosser, it's Pat Kelsey.

Humility, directness, exuberance and passion. Awesome combination.

Not getting the Dane Fife love. While at IPFW, his only head coaching job to date, he was 82-97.

From the bio:

Prior to his arrival in East Lansing, he spent six seasons as head coach at IPFW, where he posted an 82-97 record, including a 34-27 mark over the last two seasons. In each of his six seasons, IPFW tied or broke its record for wins at the Division I level, as Fife guided the Mastodons from Independent status to membership in the Summit League. This past season, IPFW posted an 18-12 mark, including an 11-7 record in the Summit League and secured the No. 4 seed in the Summit League Tournament, the program's highest seed ever in four years of conference membership.

Is everyone feeling ok? Lets be a little more ambitious here. The next coach should be Bruce Pearl. Most of the above ideas apart from the usual suspects are a complete snore-fest.
No zest, no energy, no fun equates to no swaaagggger! Seriously folks, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. #Pearlforever!!!!!

Back