• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hattrick (Online Soccer Management Game)

This game may be dying, but they just rolled out some good changes to the game IMO.

Like what? Everyone I know that once played has since stopped except for you guys. Curious to head what will be changing, even though I'll never start playing again...

Lots of changes with the match engine and game mechanics. First significant changes in maybe 5 years or so.

Will be interesting. I admittedly didn't had to worry much about tactics in my all-bot league, so I guess I didn't realize how much certain strategies had become the only way to win at the game.

Any thoughts on what new formations/tactics are going to be more viable now?

The last time they had a major change is what killed me. I had 10 defenders coming out of training and hitting the market at the end of the season and the made a change that ended up deflating the hell out of the market for defenders. What should have netted me 2.8-3.5 mil per defender dropped down to 1.5-1.9 mil. I don't think I ever even spent the money, just let my account die.

Is ANCHOR still alive?

So as I try to get my team ready to compete in my not too difficult V league, I'm trying to figure out how to build a decent midfield and apparently failing at it.

I played a 3-5-2 yesterday and trotted out a midfield that had PMs of 11, 10, 9, granted two of them were played toward the wing and one played defensive, plus offensive wingers with 6 and 5 PM and a CB with 5 PM. My midfield rating? A whopping "poor (high)".

Meanwhile I can play the scrubs that came with my team up front and in the back and get ratings in the passable-solid range no problem, despite having primary skills of no higher than solid.

I don't remember it being this difficult to have a good midfield when I played back in the day. Has Hattrick changed this much? Any tips?

A couple things have changed in the past couple years:

1) They did make it harder to create a good midfield by having a crowding penalty for each IM you play after one. A similar, but smaller penalty exists for forwards and defenders.

2) In addition to player skills and variable form, they added a loyalty component which makes players better overall the longer they've been on your team. Read: the anti day trading clause.

Of course, TS management, individual player orders, and PM skills on non-IMs also play into the equation. My advice is to do your best to combat all factors - I find that more effective than ignoring some and focusing on others.

I entered both of my squads into the Supporter Week 10-game Swiss Tournament.

1st Team (USA) went 7 wins, 3 losses and finished ranked 2,088 out of 27,082 teams.

2nd Team (Canada) went 5 wins, 1 draw, 4 losses and finished 9,603 out of 27,082.

I made the Final 64 of the US Open Cup. My III series (ranked #1 by Hattrick and HTEV) has 5 teams left, so 8% of the remaining teams :eek:

I checked the other day and I'm paid up for platinum through next May I think.

What a waste of money.

I breached the final 32. Second time in team history.

I might have a shot against my Major League opponent.

Bump.

I've finally done it: I'm auto-promoting to Division II in USA.

That's as good a place as any to begin my retirement - I'm going to sell everyone off both of my teams and do a write-up on my team history. It's been great playing this game for 9 years, but I'm not paying for supporter anymore and I'm starting to lose interest in the game.

Yea, got the email that my team had folded just last week.

Bummer. At the end there I had too much invested in supporter to warrant stopping, but I gave up long ago.

A Brief HTTD Hattrick History: An Obituary

Received a team (team id 228475) and started playing on April 29th, 2007 (week 5 of season 32). Reached the final 128 of the US Open Cup twice (seasons 42 and 45). Promoted to III.11 at the end of season 45, and the team was abandoned shortly thereafter in favor of starting a team from scratch.

Started again from scratch (team id 70688) and started playing on May 31, 2011 (week 11 of season 45). Reached the final 32 of the US Open Cup three times (seasons 55, 59, and 61). Promoted to II.2 at the end of season 61. Raised Bruce Rodriguez (player id 390662691) from the Youth Academy to the USA U-20 team, where he garnered 10 caps.

Hattrick allowed second teams starting May 6th, 2013 (start of season 52), so I started Glenelg Gladiators (team id 1675424) in Canada. Reached the final 64 of the Canadian Cup twice (seasons 60 and 61). Promoted to III.9 at the end of season 60 and stayed up in season 61.

I have amassed 1,504 posts in this thread over 5 years. Time to hang that up, as well.

A parting thank you to WFU03 who introduced me to Hattrick, and to all the posters who have played along the way. Sayonara.

Back