• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ever been less excited over a 25 point conference win?

What are you all getting so worked up about, an extension doesn't mean anything! You all have said it yourselves, AD's give extensions to dead-duck coaches all the time. We're just doing it to reassure Shelton Mitchell & Greg McClinton. Gotta keep those recruits! An extension does not mean that the AD is confident in the head coach, it doesn't even mean that he even likes him.

Last edited:
We're still on the hook to Dino because of an extension.

We're still paying Jim Grobe over 2 million dollars a season, we're still buying a basketball arena we can't half fill. Our AD has been making it rain in the last couple years.

Only through this year from what I understand. He agreed to a year shorter on his contract, in exchange for something ???

Count me as happy for the win. I still didn't think we played all that great. FSU played awful. There was a point where we were up 13 or so and we gave away like 8 points at the free throw line, on turnovers and I thought that was gonna come back and haunt us. I don't think CJ is playing very well lately, and that gives me some hope for next year.

I personally feel that the Carolina loss was the tipping point and not just for me. We only have one away game against a very good opponent left. I supposed that if we somehow beat State again or lost by 1, and beat BC and almost FSU or vice versa, Bzd could do some stuff to save his job ...

579742_559783750020_1801153360_n.jpg

Wins over GT their 1st year in the league, MD in GDubs 1st year or 2 when on probation and State under Les Robinson weren't all that exciting either.

But our pending Super Bowl victory this Wed @ BC may be our most exciting win ever.

If he's coming back next year, he'll get an extension.

What's so frustrating is that Wellman is going to try to announce it during the season b/c he knows we'll get blown out in our ACC tournament play in game. He's probably banking on doubling the road win total by winning at BC and then dropping this steaming turd in our laps.

quite the opposite. I'm pretty positive I'm right about this one. When buzz is done, we will not only be back but have sustained success. Flame away

So what do you see our program's ceiling with [Redacted] in charge? What level of sustained success will he have taken us to, in your opinion?

I believe we can be a perennial tournament team with an occasional deep run. I understand how frustrating these past three years have been, but know we are heading in the right direction. I may be a one man crew, but I'm confident in that.

^ confident that we're heading in the right direction and that I'm a one man crew, ha.

quite the opposite. I'm pretty positive I'm right about this one. When buzz is done, we will not only be back but have sustained success. Flame away

That's like being confident you won't get wet when you walk outside despite the fact you can see it raining through the window and you're not holding an umbrella. All signs point to you being horribly, horribly wrong.

Let me get this straight, you're confident that you're a one man crew?

Thread title says it all. I don't hate Bz or Wellman, and if Bz is going to be our coach, then I hope he wins a national championship......but the truth is, I was amazingly subdued and uninspired by our 25-point win over FSU. I don't like that feeling.

I believe we can be a perennial tournament team with an occasional deep run. I understand how frustrating these past three years have been, but know we are heading in the right direction. I may be a one man crew, but I'm confident in that.

So... in your opinion, our ceiling with [Redacted] is exactly where we were before he got here.

I'm stoked!

Back