• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Fans

zqglass

Reaction score
make me sick. For a plethora of reasons. This site only augments those feelings. I'm 22. My father is a Wake grad. I've been attending Wake sporting events since I was 3. I also attended Wake soccer and basketball camps during my pre-teen and teenage years. I bleed black and gold like non other. I still get goosebumps and tear up when I reflect on the 2006 football campaign. I also reminisce far too often about the Odom and Prosser era's. I will be a proud Deacon until the day I die. But the people on this site, fans like these, you can have them. Just had to put that out there before I discontinued my sententious participation on this site.

Go Deacs.

Um, ok. You realize that the fans on this site represent the most passionate and loyal fans that Wake has, right? Most Wake fans I know just don't give a damn anymore.

so your response to fans who have annoyed you is: "you make me sick, i'm a better fan than you, i'm not going to grace you with my presence any longer, and by the way i'm really a better fan than you?" Nice.

At least he admitted his participation on this site was sententious. Truer words have never been written. Am I right?

make me sick. For a plethora of reasons. This site only augments those feelings. I'm 22. My father is a Wake grad. I've been attending Wake sporting events since I was 3. I also attended Wake soccer and basketball camps during my pre-teen and teenage years. I bleed black and gold like non other. I still get goosebumps and tear up when I reflect on the 2006 football campaign. I also reminisce far too often about the Odom and Prosser era's. I will be a proud Deacon until the day I die. But the people on this site, fans like these, you can have them. Just had to put that out there before I discontinued my sententious participation on this site.

Go Deacs.

I went to Carl Tacy's camps 3 times. My father is a Wake grad who has donated thousands...thousands of dollars to the university. Your fan history is no more special than anyone else's here. We all bleed gold & black which is why we are sick of what is going on. If you revel in mediocrity then head over to the other site. I came to this site because I believe in passion based in reality. That is what you find here.

So we aren't going to find out why they make him sick? Too much bitching? Too much apathy? Too fat? Too skinny? Too materialistic? Not enough motivation? Too much cheap cologne? Too many pairs of khaki pants and yellow sweaters? Inquiring minds want to know.

zach glass ‏@zqglass
@blink182 if it weren't for you guys I wouldn't know how to harmonize, at all.

zach glass ‏@zqglass
@fortodayband not a christian but love your music. christians should be proud of what you guys do.

zach glass ‏@zqglass
@rustyrockets would love to defend the ginger population against the malicious allegations & generalizations raised against us #liveonfx

zach glass ‏@zqglass
@CarsonD33 wish you woulda stayed at wake, dont blame you for leaving though #gotoutwhilethegettingwasgood
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

5 Feb zach glass ‏@zqglass
@farouq1 ROOOUUUUQ! miss watching you play man. def wish you woulda stayed at wake one more year, dont blame you for leaving though #godeacs
Expand

@SamSwank1 miss watching you play man. greatest kicker in ACC history IMO. #goldenfoot #godeacs
Expand

@HaitianSaint miss watching you play man. one of my all time favorite wake players. #haitiansensation #godeacs
Expand

@RealChipVaughn miss watching you play man. one of my all time favorite wake players. #godeacs
Expand

@_KM16 did you play at wake forest?
Expand

@FBCoachRussell miss watching you play man, one of my all time favorite wake players. #godeacs
Expand

@thenewVUgattis please come coach at your alma mater, it must suck having to beat up on your old school haha.
Expand

@Vman44 VYTAAAAAAAS. miss watching you play man. #godeacs
Expand

@DariusSongaila1 miss watching you play man. will always be one of my favorite wake players #godeacs
Expand

@trentstrickland miss seeing those crazy dunks man. #glorydays #godeacs
Expand

@JustinGray1 miss watching you play man. will always be one of my all time favorite deacs. #glorydays #godeacs
Expand

@LD_Williams_4 i think the current WFU basketball team could use some of that passion you used to bring. #peptalk
Expand

@jamlevy miss watching you play man. you were always one of my favorite basketball players.

Go Deacs.

Color me surprised by the use of sententious. Over/under on the percent chance that he used a thesaurus to come up with this post? Maybe he just learned it in vocab this week.

This kid is so full of shit. He was like 7 during the time when you would actually look back fondly on an Odom team. When I was 7 and went to Wake games I probably was still scared of the Deacon. I dont remember playing against some twat ginger at Wake soccer camp back in the day so this kid must be a geed.

And judging from his tweets that statement is confirmed.

Go Deacs.

This... nothing much more needs to be said than this. The people who post all of this hate and negativity on this site aren't Wake fans and they truly don't matter to anyone who has spent their life loving the Deacs.

Back