• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mindy McCready dead of apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound

This whole story is just sad. Her boyfriend committed what is being reported as suicide, but some media outlets said she was responsible.

1047515.jpg

McCready leaves behind two boys, one of whom is 10 months old. The infant's father, record producer David Wilson, died of an apparent suicide last month.

Disgusting and pathetic

She's had such a rough and troubled life, it like this was inevitable. She tried, tried, and tried again to rid herself of her demons, but just couldnt.

I guess 10,000 angels weren't enough.

That's 5 dead participants on Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab. He may want to rethink his career choice.

I guess 10,000 angels weren't enough.

That's 5 dead participants on Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab. He may want to rethink his career choice.
It's crazy that the bassist from Alice In Chains OD'ed. Seems like Layne Staley's death should have scared him straight.

Still no excuse to leave two children without a mother.

People with mental illness do not think logically or rationally at all times. It is awful and really difficult to deal with. Do you blame people who die in a car wreck? They have as much choice as those with mental illness.

She has no choice with her illness...

She did have a choice on the suicide

I'll be the first to side with mental illness and addiction problems...it's sad and unfortunate....but committing suicide with 2 young children is about as cowardly as you can be.

She has no choice with her illness...

She did have a choice on the suicide

I'll be the first to side with mental illness and addiction problems...it's sad and unfortunate....but committing suicide with 2 young children is about as cowardly as you can be.

Have you ever had to deal with a friend or family member who had mental illness? In your presumably rational mind, suicide is cowardly. In her damaged mind, it may have been the only solution. It is impossible to rationalize decisions made by those who suffer from mental illness. Her partner was dead and her children had already been taken from her home. It is easy to see how she could think she had nothing to live for. She had a damaged mind that did not show her that she had another choice.

I don't really feel like getting into that, but I do have some experience with mental illness and suicide.

I don't know the whole story about her children but it's very possible she could have pushed them into a life of emotional problems by taking her own...and I think that is the worst thing a mother (or father, but worse for a mother IMO) could ever do.

It's crazy that the bassist from Alice In Chains OD'ed. Seems like Layne Staley's death should have scared him straight.

I don't think he OD'ed really. He mixed 1 benzo with 1 beer and his heart stopped.
He didn't die from a heroin overdose.

Back