• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Want to Know Your Rep Stats? Ask your friendly Mods!

tumblr_m4v6s9phln1rwsy4to1_250.gif

Pro tip, RJ: if you're going to leave, just post your manifesto and leave. Drop the mic and walk off stage. Starting a thread saying you're "thinking" about leaving just feeds the attention-seeking stereotype.

I feel like RJ had a post recently calling somebody out about how it's always somebody else's fault.

I'm going to assume RJ hadn't read that yet, saw that he had lost a couple deacon heads worth of rep, and immediately went into his "blame everyone else I'm the victim here" nonsense.

It was only a rep deduction. He earned it, and frankly he earned a temporary ban for threatening to contact the employer of another member of this community, but we decided the rep deduction and a warning it won't be tolerated in the future would be enough for now.

Fine, I'll see if the mods wish to dock DV7's rep as well.

For someone who has repeatedly alleged he doesn't care about rep, RJ has not taken this slap on the wrist very well.

The dozens or hundreds of threats to kill me or wish me or my family dead are OK.

The year of stalking me is OK.

A mod using his position to put Nazi propoganda as my avatar is OK.

I apologized and gave my word that nothing would happen. This is diametrically opposite to those who promise to continue and wish me death.

Also in the interim since it happened, Slim and I have even made peace. Other fulfilling phna's request for retaliation, I have received many negs without retaliating to any of the usual suspects.

I have proven for that week that I have changed. To do this now, without any warning, after an apology and proof it won't happen is as wrong as my actions and the actions of the mod who put all of this into motion.

Of that person is not going to be held responsible.

My life can be kind of boring sometimes... thank you guys!

It was questionable "threat" at best something to the effect of "I wonder how LK's employers would react if they found out that he was posting about the Holocaust" or something like that. Everybody knew it was an idle "threat" and IIRC the word "if" was used indicating that it was in fact a conditional which everybody knows that RJ wouldn't do. As I said before I don't have a problem with RJ being warned to keep personal life off the boards but at the same time I do have a problem with the fact that people are using the Holocaust, Auschwitz, and stating time and time again that they are just trolling RJ because they love to see him react negatively. I realize that this is the internet, but I thought that we could at least be civil. I guess not. I did learn that I can be a total asshole and do basically whatever I want as long as I don't bring somebody's personal life into things, complain too much about rep, or become Jewish and have people continuously bash me over the head about the Holocaust.

RJ should have been warned and was, and of course the people who continue to antagonize RJ also deserve a warning for their behavior but aren't going to get one. Everybody involved in this whole thing should be warned about being a complete idiot. Leaving rep is okay IMO, neg or pos, but people were and may still be, leaving messages on RJ's rep that say things to the effect of "go ahead and die you pitiful old man". When anonymous rep was sent to ITK and she complained about it, I believe there was a lot of discussion about it wasn't there? I think telling somebody to die in rep probably crosses the line of civility, even if we're allowing people to bring up the murder of 6 million Jews simply to antagonize a 65 year old man on the internet.

Back