• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

This thread should be tacked.

We have dug ourselves a big hole, obviously. But I was hoping DM could get us at least decent knowing that Hatch will be out after Wake Will (2 years?) and RW will follow him. This disaster season set us back even further.

Next season is extremely important. I still have some hope that Crawford, Moore and Collins will be good enough to make us OK. If they don't improve a lot, ugh.

Barring some huge admin change right now, the future looks rough even though the ACC has a lot of uncertainty coming in the pecking order (UNC sanctions, Boeheim & K retiring, Louisville/Pitino mess, Pitt with Stallings). We have (had?) a great opportunity to get mid-tier and then strike at the top if we did everything right. Unfortunately, we are doing so much wrong.

I would look for Hatch to stick around at least three years. Two+ to finish Wake Will, then at least a one year victory lap, before he retires. Distressing as the following thought is, it might be better for Wellman to stick around until after Hatch leaves, otherwise Hatch is picking his successor, presumably with the current mindset. And it will be a relatively younger new guy with a fresh contract, not somebody a new WF pres could politely invite to become "Athletic Director Emeritus."

This. So much this. Making a bowl in football is success at Wake, but there's no reason why we can't be good in basketball. The idea of Wake winning a national championship in basketball, or at least winning the (now pumped up) ACC, is incredibly difficult but not crazy.

Thanks Ron!

He's liked tweets from 2013 including one promoting Jim Grobe's radio show.

Nevermind I thought they just created it. Looks like it's been active since June 2009.

Bumping after the reminder from the nba thread. No new deacs in the league since 2009.

Nearly 2 mos since the last post on this thread.

F U Ron and every single one of your enablers. Your money has been well spent.

Administration has hurt the sports program more than Elrod. Wake is the one that directly and indirectly hired this Mr. Elrod. What about the 2 million for 4 seasons paid to grobe and Bzzz millions and Wellman's continued millions. It might be best for Ron to move on.

You're an idiot.

He made a horrific decision on [Redacted], but this has absolutely nothing to do with Wellman.

Administration has hurt the sports program more than Elrod. Wake is the one that directly and indirectly hired this Mr. Elrod. What about the 2 million for 4 seasons paid to grobe and Bzzz millions and Wellman's continued millions. It might be best for Ron to move on.

This line of thinking is just stupid.

And I'm the guy who started this thread.

Ron Wellman bossed this situation. I can't stand the prick, but credit should be handed out when it is due. Fake reasons to hate on a guy shouldn't be invented because they make the real reasons look stupid by association.

So fuck off with this situation being a stain on Wellman as an Ath Dir. It's not. I just isn't at all.

Ron Wellman bossed this situation. I can't stand the prick, but credit should be handed out when it is due. Fake reasons to hate on a guy shouldn't be invented because they make the real reasons look stupid by association.

So fuck off with this situation being a stain on Wellman as an Ath Dir. It's not. I just isn't at all.

Well it kinda is....they all gave a huge seal of approval to a guy who was not retained, who had a grudge, was given free rein to a brand new coach who knew nothing about the man, instead of just simply being given the same simple access every other media person had on Tuesdays or when he was with Stan Cotten.

Back