• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

There's no way in fuck we're even sniffing the NIT.

Also keeping recruits was part of the thinking behind giving Dino the HC job after Skip passed, and Ron got rid of him within three years. I would hope he learned from that

I mentioned this on the game thread but I had a disturbing conversation this weekend. It went something along the lines of

-there is a realization that Bzz isn't really the guy
-it is hard to cut from the guy now because of financial woes and threatened players transfers (and possibly the loss of Shelton)
-there is a belief that the program is not attractive given the current state (both performance wise and financially) so...
-if progress can be demonstrated it would be better to retain Bzz to raise the attractiveness of the job and clear financial obligations

So what is progress? The thought was 18 wins + and NIT berth. Of course I made the argument that if the AD does his homework, he can secure the 'right' guy for the job and make sure the players stay. A new coach would have 2 years to work with a solid class and immediately be recruiting to fill them. Waiting a year leaves a coach with only a single year with this current group and Bzzz will likely have fucked up the recruiting for their replacements. So this all isn't a done deal yet but the thinking was missing on the post-season entirely would be end game. The key games are really NCState, FSU, Clemson, and Miami.

This tears it. Alright VT, get those newspaper ads ready for the ACCT.

I don't care if every player transfers and we field an entire team of walk-ons. Losing Bz would be far better in the long term. He has sucked the life out of the program.

Exactly. Didn't hurt Crean at Indiana.

Plus, I assume we'd have to extend Bzz to keep him around another year.

Fucker's gone. No need to worry

We had zero player attrition when Odom left, when Skip died, and when Dino was fired. Why would players/recruits be attached to Bz of all people?

actually we lost AW Hamilton & Schoetz when Odom left. Can't recall if Chappell's kid had verballed to WF but he followed Odom to USC.

we lost Gurley & Crawford after Skip died

and technically we lost Woods after Dino was fired

I mentioned this on the game thread but I had a disturbing conversation this weekend. It went something along the lines of

-it is hard to cut from the guy now because of financial woes and threatened players transfers (and possibly the loss of Shelton)
-there is a belief that the program is not attractive given the current state (both performance wise and financially) so...
-if progress can be demonstrated it would be better to retain Bzz to raise the attractiveness of the job and clear financial obligations

So what is progress? The thought was 18 wins + and NIT berth. Of course I made the argument that if the AD does his homework, he can secure the 'right' guy for the job and make sure the players stay. A new coach would have 2 years to work with a solid class and immediately be recruiting to fill them. Waiting a year leaves a coach with only a single year with this current group and Bzzz will likely have fucked up the recruiting for their replacements. So this all isn't a done deal yet but the thinking was missing on the post-season entirely would be end game. The key games are really NCState, FSU, Clemson, and Miami.

Now, this is rock bottom. We will have to retain Buzz because he has destroyed the program to the point where we can't afford not to retain him.

Go Noles, Go Tigers, Go Canes (and the larger the margin of defeat, the better) - I'm officially done with this shit.

Dear Ron,

Fire this assclown and throw all the money left in the honey pot at Gregg Marshall. Get over yourself.

Regards,

Me

Last edited:
The program is attractive given everything we know about college basketball and who else will have an opening. Whoever has that opinion must not be a big basketball fan or just has a skewed vision.

Also I thought we all agreed after the last coaching change that recruits don't matter if you need a new coach. We kept the class of 2010 and where did that get us? No player is bigger than the program and no class is bigger than the program.

[Redacted] is a cancer for this basketball program. Forget financial considerations (short sighted ones at that considering what it's costing wake long term to keep him: lost fanbase). Forget recruits. Forget everything except [Redacted] cannot be the head coach. He has driven us off a cliff

Jeff [Redacted] managed to keep an entire class intact. How the hell is anybody worried about a normal person's ability to do so anyway?

Apparently a specific 'star' player said he'd be gone. With Shelton tied to Battle, he may also ask for a release. I say call their bluff but we are talking about the conservative Wake Forest AD here.

Also the thinking was the 0 loses after Odom was largely because it was a 'to-be-senior' group where transferring makes little sense.

And the ceiling with that "star" player is maybe a NIT bid. If this threat is true then send him on his way.

An AD should never let himself be held hostage by threats from a bunch of losers.

I'm sure Shelton will be a nice player, but I'd gladly see him end up at another school if that's what it costs to punt Bzzzz.

Anyone who wants to transfer if Bz goes should transfer. If they prefer Bz over Wake, they should leave Wake.

This program just begs for an attitude adjustment. Someone like Gregg Marshall with a chip on his shoulder would reinvigorate Wake with the confidence to take on Duke and Carolina again. That guy doesn't care who he plays against, and he doesn't back down. So what if he is a dick; Bz is a dick and he loses miserably. And I bet Marshall never swears at fans.

Culture change means a culture of winning. Something we always had a handle on and needed to take to the next level. Like going 61-31 but not making noise in the post season. You can fix that with the right coach. Then we get this four year march into the desert. Fuck you Ron.

I don't give a fuck if Devin or Cody transfer if it means losing [Redacted]. Our current upside is a winning season without postseason play. Burn the mother fucker down and give us a reason to BELIEVE again. Otherwise, there will be no fans left.

Back