• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Police arrest man who was videotaping them, then shoot his dog

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
Just don't watch this video.

Here’s the gist of what happens in the video embedded above: a man named Leon Rosby is seen videoing some sort of large police operation going on in a residential part of Hawthorne, CA while walking his dog, Max. A couple of cops near the scene then walk over and promptly slap handcuffs on Rosby, who had put Max in his car when the officers began to approach him. When Rosby’s dog saw the officers arresting its owner from the car, it naturally got upset and began barking, eventually jumping out the window of the car to run to Rosby’s aid. One of the cops then unloaded on the animal. All of this was captured on video by other bystanders.

Again, I warn you, this is very disturbing to watch, so proceed with caution before you press play.

http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/20...and-then-shoot-his-dog-right-in-front-of-him/

Mods feel free to merge with this one - http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...n-who-was-videotaping-them-then-shoot-his-dog. Just saw BBD's thread.

Last edited:
If you're scared to watch the video, this song sums it up:

Shooting a rottweiler that just jumped out of car, ran towards them and jumped at one of the officers seems like a perfectly reasonable response to me.

the cops could have told the guy to make sure the dog was locked up in the car or something

Shooting a rottweiler that just jumped out of car, ran towards them and jumped at one of the officers seems like a perfectly reasonable response to me.

That's pretty bad
I had to watch it sans audio because I'm at work, but why were they arresting this guy to begin with? Seemed like they had plenty of time to deal with the dog before he actually attacked.
It would be one thing if the dog came out of nowhere and immediately jumped, but the dog was near the cops without attacking for a solid 10 seconds.

the cops could have told the guy to make sure the dog was locked up in the car or something

The cops don't know what that guy has in the backseat. They're trained to to expect worse case scenario which could be the guy pulling out a shotgun from the back of his car as he "secures" the dog.

Instead of pepper spray?

If they could have sprayed it as it was coming out the car, then yes. At the point that they actually shot the dog, no. It's too close at that point and grab a hold of them in a single lunge pepper spray or not.

How about just letting the guy get in his car and drive away?

Anyone know why he was arrested in the first place? Videoing the cops isn't illegal. If so, we should murder the producers of COPS asap.

Having witnessed a fairly violent dog mauling I don't think that dog was really a danger, but hey, I just worked at an animal shelter when a dog that was not barking at all just turned around and bit someone multiple times in the face.

But the Rottie did run up and nip at the cops. I dunno. To me it didn't seem that dangerous but I bet the cops felt otherwise.

How about not walking around the crime scene pointing something in the direction of the cops?

Sure but I assume what they were doing was more important than a dude talking crap to them.

Back