• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

I'm really enjoying the test seasons, for what it's worth.

The game is basically back right now, just on hyperspeed.

I've been one of kmoney's more, uh, vocal critics in the past, and there are still a lot of opportunities for improvement, but if you loved DTL before, you'll love what it is right now, in a prerelease capacity.

The schedule is daily.

First advance after the rollover is all 3 exh games, plus the first 2 reg season games. Then every day advances 3 games. (So overnights are always like Fridays were in oldDTF scheduling.)

Obviously, if you forget to recruit one day, you're shit outta luck for maxes. I missed the first couple in-game weeks last season, and managed to scrap together a few chasers in an ok-but-not-great class, which was actually kinda fun.

Is it going to have the same schedule when it goes live?

so there will be games today? approximately what time do they run?

yeah, just throwing out some recruiting pts. the team has no talent, so anyone that can do anything would be a plus. i just need to make sure to do one more round before the roll-over.

i do like some of the changes. i paid attention when it first started but then it was just going too fast from me to keep up with, so i figured i would get back to it.

Is it going to have the same schedule when it goes live?

nah, they'd go back to oldDTF MWF schedules. K$ has talked about doing leagues with varying schedules, though. I think in any case they'd be max 1 game/day?

so there will be games today? approximately what time do they run?

yeah, just throwing out some recruiting pts. the team has no talent, so anyone that can do anything would be a plus. i just need to make sure to do one more round before the roll-over.

yeah, games typically run in the afternoons. sometime in the 5p-6p et window. obviously that can vary; I've seen them run much earlier and a little later.

thanks! looking forward to beating up on you fools again! :geek:

storm and warak,

How did your freshmen come in for attributes?

Sorry, but I haven't played and don't remember my password. So I cannot log in and check. Eager to get back in once it's live though.

storm and warak,

How did your freshmen come in for attributes?

Figured out my login information, here's the info you wanted.

Philip Miller Fr 6-8 236 Good Good Fair Fair Poor Good
Geoffrey Johnson Fr 6-8 227 Fair Exc Good Poor Fair Poor
Nicholas Reuss Fr 6-5 232 Fair Fair Good Exc Exc Poor

In case anyone cares,

I maxed:
Parris Durfee (52) R3
Arthur Squire R2
Jayden Parker R1
Jeffrey Moore (10) R2 (dropping off)

i don't have my scouting info, but this is how they came in (49/60 class):

Spencer Heard Fr 6-5 226 Good Fair Good Good Exc Exc
Jared Bailey Fr 6-7 244 Fair Good Fair Good Fair Fair
Laquan Gordon Fr 6-1 190 Good Fair Fair Exc Fair Fair

God, that message board is so frustrating. I want to scream at some of these idiots.

The dick measuring is astounding. Like, hey, moron, you're in a test league. Why are you bragging about wins and recruiting and shit, especially on a thread where the developer is actually asking engine-related questions? None of this is for your ego.

Getting close to re-launch. There is a thread on the Test League forum.

kmoney:
- i'm going to try to move the message board to a new server this weekend (not critical, more likely to happen during next week)
- going to set up the game server for next weekend. our current test league season is set to end next thursday. we'll stop it there.
- we'll start up a new test league like this one we are currently running on the new server
- we'll start a 2nd test league that is on the good old MWF schedule and run that for a bit
- if everything is going ok, launch on the 7th

Some more messages from kmoney the other day.

First, re: resuming the old DTL leagues again:
That is still a long ways off. When we go live, it will be with just a single, new league. Most likely we'll wait for that league to roll over, then maybe I'll start up a 2nd and 3rd league after 3 and 6 weeks. Something along those lines.

I don't really have an ETA for when the old leagues will be resumed, but we are talking about months.

It sounds like he's differentiating "launch" from "resuming old leagues," which is interesting. I'm not sure the player base is really there to support three leagues (in addition to the eventual original leagues), but we'll see I guess.

Re: accounting for the difference between old DTL players and new DTL ones once the original leagues resume:
My current plan is to translate oDTL players to nDTL players (and all other history/data/etc) as faithfully as possible.

It sounds like oDTL attributes might end up being a little different than we remember? This would be a good thing, as I do think there is some relative attribute inflation going on in the test environment so far.

I'm fine starting fresh with new leagues.

Launch date August 14:

kmoney: I'm going to push the launch date back one week, to August 14th. Pretty sure things will be basically where I'd like by the 7th, but I was out all last week and it makes no sense to rush at this point.

I'll try to create the initial league next week, give everyone 10ish days or so to sign up before it starts. Add in not needing to recruit for the first 10ish days of a season, that'll give about 3 weeks for people to sign up without missing anything.

You can log in with your old account now. You won't find a team there, but you should have Instructions, Message Board, My Account in your menu bar. Your account should be as you left it if you did not request a refund.

Last edited:
The old leagues will start up again, but are currently inactive. You can sign up for a new account in one of the new leagues in the meantime. Thanks for checking in and we hope you enjoy the game.

So are we going old league or new one? I'm fine either way just need to know what we're doing.

So how do we sign up for a new league? I'd like for all of us to get into the same conference(s) this time.

So how do we sign up for a new league? I'd like for all of us to get into the same conference(s) this time.

Oh man, same conference? That could be fun and hella challenging!

If we're doing this, it might be best to talk to Kmoney now and give him all our account names. Then he could setup up before others start grabbing teams.

Back