• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

I think I've got my C targets figured out, I just need a little more advice on logistics.

When does recruiting end and signing begin? When should I offer scholarships?

As far as my recruiting, there hasn't been much going on since I maxed out my RPEs.

I'm going to max Munoz and get into his top spot, keep Watts since he's already at 53 with no competition, and max Emilio Sieben (+4, 6'9" C, reg 25, top is at 34 rpe).

I'll run with that for a week and see where it goes.

I've also got a point invested in about 15 other post recruits mentioned in the thread to see where they stand.

I think I've got my C targets figured out, I just need a little more advice on logistics.

When does recruiting end and signing begin? When should I offer scholarships?

As far as my recruiting, there hasn't been much going on since I maxed out my RPEs.

I'm going to max Munoz and get into his top spot, keep Watts since he's already at 53 with no competition, and max Emilio Sieben (+4, 6'9" C, reg 25, top is at 34 rpe).

I'll run with that for a week and see where it goes.

Recruiting ends on the last Friday of the season. This week is the conf tournament. Then each team is put in a post-season tournament (there are four levels) which lasts for two weeks, and concludes the season. Recruits sign on Saturday, and new recruits arrive, which starts the next season.

So on the calendar:
end of conf tournament: May 27
first week of post-season tournament: June 3
second week of post-season tournament: June 10, end of season
recruits sign: Saturday June 11 (around noon)

You can offer scholarships at any time. I don't offer mine until I have decided on who I am maxing to the end of the season - no use burning a schollie on someone I may drop.

You should get a new supply of RP's to spend Friday night after recruiting has been processed for the week.

Excellent. Thanks, and good luck in the conf tourney.

I tinkered with my lineups and got a W to end the regular season (against a non conf opponent).

Bert Hutchings took it to another level as the conference tournament got under way, leading the Storm to a 102-70 win over Shreveport. Hutchings lead all scorers with 29 points and added 8 boards on 11/14 1/2 6/8 shooting. Tony Gonzalez was 2nd with 24 points adding 4 assists and 5 boards to his totals. Goodwin added 14 pts, 10 boards and Norris added 10 pts 15 boards.

Frankfort cruised by Independence a little more easily than in the first meeting. Hopefully this means the lineup change is working. The true test is next game vs Paducah with whom we split the regular season games. Their scoring comes from two short Sr's at the forward slots. I'm going to try to blanket 6'3 Emerson Campbell with 7'2 Good Athlete Bernard Tuttle, and put 6'11 Good Def Good Ath Henry Doyle on 6'7 Donald McDowell. Last game, their forwards shot 21/33 collectively. The goal is to get that below 60%, or at least get their FGA to the mid-20's.

And should I win, I get a rematch against another team that beat me in the regular season (and won C18 conf), Waterloo. They are another team real strong at forward.

Changed back to my lineup from earlier in the year and ended up with a 4 point OT win against 4-11 team I had beaten earlier in the year by 27 with the same lineup.

Fr Ernest Morin had 37 points on 15-23 shooting in 29 minutes.

Not sure where to go from here.

Sigh... 5 of the 6 teams on Michael Tellier (4), Boca included are 14-2... I'm going to have to win a lot of games in the NTT to keep my chances high for this kid. Additionally, Charlotte is 15-1 and the only other team on Leon Cochran. I hope one of you guys gets him in the 1st round of the NTT and takes him down! :)

Changed back to my lineup from earlier in the year and ended up with a 4 point OT win against 4-11 team I had beaten earlier in the year by 27 with the same lineup.

Fr Ernest Morin had 37 points on 15-23 shooting in 29 minutes.

Not sure where to go from here.

Morin to coach Ph: "Gimme the damn ball!"

Unless your new/old lineup really had great results against other teams or in scrimmages, I think you have to go back to your old/new lineup. :squint:

With the Morin/Cox/Evans SG/SF/PF lineup, I destroyed a few sub 100 teams at the end of the season.

The Morin/Evans SG/SF lineup that led to OT got me one of my best wins of the season against #55 Little Rock by 18. A similar lineup with different PGs beat stormfury by 16 early in the season. My only loss was to Chicago when Morin had an uncharacteristically bad 2-12 fg and my bench PF was out. That's what prompted the lineup switch. I like this lineup because it allows me to platoon two good players at SG and PF and give lots of minutes to Evans and Murphy at SF and C.

I'm considering moving Sr PG Dash back to the starting spot. Eric Wright is a pass first PG who never shoots and is a good defender. Dash gives up more points, but outscores the other guy. I thought Wright would be a 4+ ast guy but it's not happening.

With the Morin/Cox/Evans SG/SF/PF lineup, I destroyed a few sub 100 teams at the end of the season.

The Morin/Evans SG/SF lineup that led to OT got me one of my best wins of the season against #55 Little Rock by 18. A similar lineup with different PGs beat stormfury by 16 early in the season. My only loss was to Chicago when Morin had an uncharacteristically bad 2-12 fg and my bench PF was out. That's what prompted the lineup switch. I like this lineup because it allows me to platoon two good players at SG and PF and give lots of minutes to Evans and Murphy at SF and C.

I'm considering moving Sr PG Dash back to the starting spot. Eric Wright is a pass first PG who never shoots and is a good defender. Dash gives up more points, but outscores the other guy. I thought Wright would be a 4+ ast guy but it's not happening.

The lineup you ran against me in the scrimmage worked pretty well :noidea:

here in Dearborn we are licking our wounds caused by our disgusting finish to the regular season and choke of the conference championship. we have tried to address some of the issues but scrimmages have proven to be a tough barometer to help weather the storm.

example...only exchanged Shook and Travers as starters but they still split time and it was a huge difference in the output, but i can't figure out why. Travers seems like he is the better choice. i mean, he is having a good and better statistically Fr year at C...very confusing. i am also trying to find the right situation for that pain in the ass Romero! he is good enough to start, but so is So Colin Knox. that guy...it is starting to be a battle to get him enough minutes! he currently has a TS% of 77.1!

there is talent and we can surprise teams in the NTT.

Good news for Frankfort today. The lineup change worked, and let Frankfort avenge an early season loss to Paducah, 81-75. It was a 77-75 game from 2:51 to :14, when Frankfort iced it with FT's. The other piece of good news is that Grand Rapids beat Waterloo. I was going to say "upset," but they beat them earlier in the year. So I get to play my friend in Grand Rapids for the conference championship on Friday, and I've comfortably beat him twice.

One of the nice things about this game that is so realistic is the importance of matchups.

If there was any question about which two teams dominate conference 13, the following should put that to rest.

For the 8th straight season, Boca Raton and Gulf Shores will match up for the Conference Tourney Title.

During that stretch Gulf Shores leads 5-2 with their last two victories coming in OT and double OT. Boca's won 2 of the last 3 and has to be the favorite for tomorrow's matchup.

If there was any question about which two teams dominate conference 13, the following should put that to rest.

For the 8th straight season, Boca Raton and Gulf Shores will match up for the Conference Tourney Title.

During that stretch Gulf Shores leads 5-2 with their last two victories coming in OT and double OT. Boca's won 2 of the last 3 and has to be the favorite for tomorrow's matchup.

Well Flagstaff is still staying the undefeated course with only the final of the Conference Championship game left. Senior Doyle Curry is having his best season yet, and that's saying something considering the fact that he was Second Team All-League last season.

This is a strange season for me as I usually put a team together that has a SG that is really good and my leading scorer and then put supporting players around him. Not having a decent defensive SG option has lead me to adapt. Since many feel C is the second most important position in the game behind PG i've moved Curry their and the results have been great. He's a monster plain and simple. Only thing he isn't is a super athlete. I'm pretty sure he is the SimSports equivalent to Dirk and it's showing. He's currently at a TS% of 72.8 with splits of 66.2/51.5/83.6. It's possible that Montoya or Kelly could grow into the type of player he is but neither can do it next season.

My defense has just been suffocating this season, with the third best PPG allowed in the league to go along with 4th best rebounding margin and top 10 FG%. Going to ride my big guys to a title hopefully!

Its seems this season more than any in the past, every game of the season is absolutely crucial for recruiting "Win pref" reasons. I'm locked in a 1/1, 3/3 and 3/3 for recruits, and every team save one is top 40 at about 15-2 or 16-1. Its a huge game of chicken. But from the conf tourn champ game to the finish is when we should see some more sorting out. I just hope I don't crack first.

But in the back of my mind, I keep telling myself not to put too much weight on PRs and win pref for recruits. There is a fair amount of random/hidden attributes.

Its seems this season more than any in the past, every game of the season is absolutely crucial for recruiting "Win pref" reasons. I'm locked in a 1/1, 3/3 and 3/3 for recruits, and every team save one is top 40 at about 15-2 or 16-1. Its a huge game of chicken. But from the conf tourn champ game to the finish is when we should see some more sorting out. I just hope I don't crack first.

But in the back of my mind, I keep telling myself not to put too much weight on PRs and win pref for recruits. There is a fair amount of random/hidden attributes.

Remember that PR's are taken from the highest point over the tournament span so even if teams lose out there PR wont take a bad hit

^^ And I seem to recall they only use five ratings for Win, so IF the groupings for each are the same size, 256 teams/5 ratings = 50 teams per rating. Even if I'm mistaken, there's still 10 ratings, so 25 teams per rating. Moral of the story: if you're in the ballpark, you're OK.

^^ And I seem to recall they only use five ratings for Win, so IF the groupings for each are the same size, 256 teams/5 ratings = 50 teams per rating. Even if I'm mistaken, there's still 10 ratings, so 25 teams per rating. Moral of the story: if you're in the ballpark, you're OK.

Everything i've read supports this awaken, I think the grouping is between the 5-10 separate levels of success but I don't think anyone knows exactly what the levels are.

Interesting stuff

At worst I'll be PR 15 for the year. [looking for the cashiers' cage]

ETA: Hopefully I'll see you in Rd 2 warak

Last edited:
Back