• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Sound familiar?

by kmoney » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:47 am

Tough couple of weeks for me to find time, chipping away, may be another week or so before we start running games again

I'll take the over.

i hadn't checked in a while...have games played in the last month? the over is easy money

He's still bug fixing. Tested sub patterns by increasing fouling to absurd levels. I think he found out what he needed to know and restored fouling to normal. The bug list is long, so I don't think this will be ready for a while. But, it is good to play some - even if it is just meaningless testing games.

kmoney is simming a full season in a day and making tweaks as people report issues. He's still working on the game engine. Right now, there are too few blocks, and too many assists given. Right now, the number of assists a player has is more a product of their shot setting than attributes. My leader in assists was Fair in Hands, Int, and Ath simply because he had the lowest shot setting.

The winner of the NTT was a very average team that "got lucky." So there is a question whether good teams are rewarded enough.

There are folks poring over pbp and comparing them to the box scores and reporting inconsistencies. Bless their hearts.

There was a convo on whether one should ever lose a recruit when you have a clear lead, and what should the odds look like in other similar situations.

More work to do. He's not close yet. But he is actively working on it, and making progress.

Why is kmoney rewriting the entire code? I didn't think the game mechanics were that problematic. The interface was the problem.

Good question. This is a re-write, not a port. Not sure why he made that decision. If he explained it on the message boards, I missed it. I'm a bit worried bc I think the original developer was pretty bright (not that kmoney isn't, but still....)

He explained it a loooong time ago when this first stuff went down. Had to do with him wanting to modernize the engine but being unable to do that in pieces.

Bad decision IMO. Get the old engine running with a new interface, then build out a new engine on the side once folks are donating and playing again. This long delay is going to lose most of the community he had. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. Really surprised to hear the engine is being rewritten.

Agreed, Storm. I was losing interest when it stopped anyway. He could have gradually changed the interface while keeping up the active user base.

If you are curious about the new game, or want to play again, you can ask kmoney for testing credentials and he'll assign you a team. I'm in Spokane this time. When this game launches, it will resume where the old game left off.

If you are curious about the new game, or want to play again, you can ask kmoney for testing credentials and he'll assign you a team. I'm in Spokane this time. When this game launches, it will resume where the old game left off.

I had one for awhile on the testing thingy, then it switched servers or something, then I forgot my passwords, then I just assumed it was dead. Sorry, there were other parts to the story above.

I don't know if I have the desire to jump back in again.

For those that are test users, keep track of your recruited players HS scout and actual attributes. Since this is a re-write, this too has changed.

Here are mine to c/p in Excel:

Name,Region,Hometown,Ht,Wt,GPA,Exam,HS Pos,Scout,Sht,Def,Hands,Reb,Athl,ActualSht,ActualDef,ActualHands,ActualReb,ActInt,ActualAthl
Clarence Roberson,14,Springfield,6/10,256,3.0,61,C,Good,Good,Good,Fair +,Good,Good +,Good,Good,Good,Good,Fair,Exc
Jesse Mathis,4,Albany,6/9,255,3.2,65,SF,Poor,Exc,Good,Poor +,Good,Good -,Good,Good,Poor,Good,Good,Good
Ernest Copeland,6,Carnegie,6/11,273,3.4,61,C,Poor,Good,Exc +,Exc,Fair +,Good -,Fair,Good,Good,Good,Good,Good
Ian Howell,24,Amarillo,6/5,228,2.6,54,SG,Fair,Exc,Poor +,Fair,Fair -,Good +,Exc,Good,Good,Fair,Good,Good
Jonathan Rios,15,Jefferson City,6/11,253,2.9,56,C,Good,Good +,Fair +,Fair,Good -,Fair,Exc,Good,Poor,Good,Good,Good
Walter Doyle,11,Baton Rouge,6/8,231,3.1,63,C,Poor,Poor -,Poor,Fair,Good -,Poor,Good,Fair,Fair,Fair,Exc,Fair

Name...........Region.....Hometown......Ht.....Wt......GPA.....Exam..HS Pos.Scout..Sht.....Def.....Hands...Reb......Athl..ActSht..ActDef...ActHands..ActReb..ActInt..ActAth
Clarence Roberson..14.....Springfield..6/10....256.....3.0.....61.....C.....Good....Good....Good....Fair +..Good.....Good +.Good....Good.....Good......Good....Fair....Exc
Jesse Mathis........4.....Albany.......6/9.....255.....3.2.....65.....SF....Poor....Exc.....Good....Poor +..Good.....Good -.Good....Good.....Poor......Good....Good....Good
Ernest Copeland.....6.....Carnegie.....6/11....273.....3.4.....61.....C.....Poor....Good....Exc +...Exc.....Fair +...Good -.Fair....Good.....Good......Good....Good....Good
Ian Howell.........24.....Amarillo.....6/5.....228.....2.6.....54.....SG....Fair....Exc.....Poor +..Fair....Fair -...Good +.Exc.....Good.....Good......Fair....Good....Good
Jonathan Rios......15...Jefferson City.6/11....253.....2.9.....56.....C.....Good....Good +...Fair +..Fair....Good -...Fair...Exc.....Good.....Poor......Good....Good...Good
Walter Doyle.......11.....Baton Rouge..6/8.....231.....3.1.....63.....C.....Poor....Poor -...Poor....Fair....Good -...Poor...Good....Fair.....Fair......Fair....Exc....Fair

i noticed the ole Poor recruit rules have changed. their ratings can go anywhere...

Anyone have a spreadsheet from one of the earlier test seasons? I would like to know how these guys were scouted:

Eric Washington
Clarence Obrien
Ivan Copeland

I'll quid pro quo with their actual atts.

A couple of things:

kmoney is winding up testing/fixing the DTL rewrite. New launch will be relatively soon. If you have not signed up for a test ID, now might be a good time so you can learn the navigation and game changes before the launch.

I've been enjoying College Hoops Coach on Android. It is a single player game similar to DTL. It's another labor of love - free to play, no adds, no in-game charges.

There's a College BBALL Coach app for iOS. Is that the same thing?

Back