• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Stillwater lost exhibition game 2 as our shooting came back down to earth and we had all sorts of turnover issues. Happy to have had two competitive games though with a team I was worried might get run out of the gym all season. Also, with this talk of recruiting rankings, for anyone who hasn't seen it, the class rankings compiler is now available without going to simstats. So you all can see how you compare, and those of you with top 100 talent can stop complaining about your rosters...(though I'll also note that the current relative recruiting rankings don't really compare to the differentials we were used to in L7; e.g. the top team in my conference, Midland, is #19 by the mags, but with an average ranking that would have put them in the 60's in the last year of L7. Meanwhile, my team is at#221 but with an average that would have put us in the 160's in L7.)

There are none. It's 1st season. Unless you mean the spreadsheet with no stats and after 1 game?

There weren't spreadsheets in the practice leagues?

Took the L in the second preseason game. My E defense, G ATH SENIOR PG continues to get tourched so i'm not entirely sure what's going on. Moving a few things around but I need my defense to stiffen up at the point of attack. Zeroing in on recruiting. Probably just going to go after what fits my team profile and not just "height" like I want to do. It will be a couple year turn around and we just need talent.

I think recruiting will be very tough, similar to what I heard about League 15. Those with L15 experience care to elaborate on what that was like?

I think recruiting will be very tough, similar to what I heard about League 15. Those with L15 experience care to elaborate on what that was like?

I was in L15 for a long time. It was an extremely hard league to recruit and with more human coached teams in L31...

COyx1NvWEAAbANh.jpg:large

Yea L15 was rough but you could still find some gems that weren't recruited out there if you tried. This will be extremely difficult.

Stillwater lost exhibition game 2 as our shooting came back down to earth and we had all sorts of turnover issues. Happy to have had two competitive games though with a team I was worried might get run out of the gym all season. Also, with this talk of recruiting rankings, for anyone who hasn't seen it, the class rankings compiler is now available without going to simstats. So you all can see how you compare, and those of you with top 100 talent can stop complaining about your rosters...(though I'll also note that the current relative recruiting rankings don't really compare to the differentials we were used to in L7; e.g. the top team in my conference, Midland, is #19 by the mags, but with an average ranking that would have put them in the 60's in the last year of L7. Meanwhile, my team is at#221 but with an average that would have put us in the 160's in L7.)

What if I'm ranked 239th - can I complain? Whats the threshold?

We are playing for pride this year.

We're basically like most RL first year coaches - playing the hand dealt to us, and soon will be strongly preferring "our guys" as we turn the roster over.

What if I'm ranked 239th - can I complain? Whats the threshold?

That's well outside the top 100. Complain away.

Not really sure what I'm going to do with recruiting this season. A significant part of my strategy in the old version was to try to find guys with good ratings but lesser stats who would be overlooked by the people with more of a statistical background - with new scout ratings and no scrimmages, there's no way to really do that though. Not too mention trying to navigate a nearly full league; never did league 15 but I did 10 or so seasons in L5 which was bad enough. I haven't looked that closely at the individual recruits but I feel like I'll pretty much be throwing darts next week.

That's well outside the top 100. Complain away.

Not really sure what I'm going to do with recruiting this season. A significant part of my strategy in the old version was to try to find guys with good ratings but lesser stats who would be overlooked by the people with more of a statistical background - with new scout ratings and no scrimmages, there's no way to really do that though. Not too mention trying to navigate a nearly full league; never did league 15 but I did 10 or so seasons in L5 which was bad enough. I haven't looked that closely at the individual recruits but I feel like I'll pretty much be throwing darts next week.

I think we are all throwing darts to some extent. I mean, I think my team is going to have a losing season but in truth really don't know how I stack up against other teams in my conference. To add confusion to that, we beat San Jose last night by 1 pt. If you go by recruiting rankings San Jose Rangers is 170, Amarillo 30th.

So I'm tossing a dart at recruits without really knowing if I should go after win or non-win folks.

Awaken got them to me. I'm stuck at home for a bit so I'm actually analyzing them now.

Not going to lock them in until after tonight's update but I have my first two maxes: r26 Boucher (e- local and don't think anyone else here is in my pod so it shouldn't matter much) and r21 Garey. Have 5 or 6 others on my list for the last two.

Amarillo's on the following:
Frank Riddle c29
Connor Smith c31
Hugh Maly c8
Juan Flores c28

In a stunning shock to no one, Cincinnati, who averaged 13 fouls and giving the other team 11 free throws in the preseason, blows up to 20 fouls in this game giving the other team 28 free throws. We outshot them by 12, but having a -17 free throw margin is the difference.

I botched all my recruiting so far, so year 2 will be my mulligan year as well haha.

Think i'm going to use a little different strategy this time for recruiting. Max 3, an then get a much smaller net up to like 20 RP's. No clue if it will pay off and i'm not crazy about my maxes. Not fun when you have to replace your starting PG, SG, and SF who are easily the best 3 players on my team in the first season..... Maxes will be:

Christian Horst c31
Hector Carlisle c31
Samuel Perry c32

Really like some of the PG options I overlooked that i'll be netting so hope those guys come in lightly recruited.

Back