• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Air Banner Message

Who? Ron Wellman?

Lol. No we have had several people within the AD who have reached out expressing support for what we have done and what we have planned.

Lol. No we have had several people within the AD who have reached out expressing support for what we have done and what we have planned.
Probably the poor receptionists who have to listen to BuzzOut and Fire Wellman rants from pissed off Deacon Club members all day.

The weekend of the State game is also Parents Weekend here. This shall be interesting.

I like Option 3 but would like it even more if "and" were all caps. Would serve to emphasize the point that culture and wins are not mutually exclusive. I think it's clear and pretty hard to dispute.

I approve of the "bring back cookie" tag.

I like Option 3 but would like it even more if "and" were all caps. Would serve to emphasize the point that culture and wins are not mutually exclusive. I think it's clear and pretty hard to dispute.

Anything we do will be all caps. It shows up better.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Posted on the other thread, but how about "We can be good again #WellmanOut"

how long does the plane actually fly around, past and over the stadium? Is it one loop and he goes home, or does he fly around the stadium for a good hour, so everyone gets to see it repeatedly.

Have we been using #Wellmanout or what bc we need to keep it consistent?

#wellmanout

enough said and it keeps with the website and billboard. or

wake forest athletics in and #wellmanout

all caps of course

Last edited:

i imagine wellman leading the hunt for these traitorous bastards like monty python's holy grail. does that make dv7 the voice of reason?

So what message are we going with? Have to have contract finalized by Friday.

I still like:

INTEGRITY MATTERS - FIRE RON WELLMAN

If people are not already questioning his integrity, they should be. And how will they know if we don't tell them?

ETA - I Just saw the poll thread. I will repost over there.

Last edited:
integrity attacks his character and we lose credibility. even if that is an issue it hurts our cause.

I said I would never post here but.....

Going after Ron Wellman and complaining about the state of Wake Forest football and the state of the athletic program is insanity. Wake Forest has gone to more bowl games in the last 7 years under Wellman/Grobe than in the history of the university before Wellman. Wake Forest has averaged 6 wins a season since 2000. There were 8 combined 6 win seasons in the previous 40 years.

We are Wake Forest, one of the smallest, most expensive, most elite universities playing FCS football. We have one of, if not the, smallest stadium in FCS. We are not, nor will we ever be a football power. There is exactly ONE private, elite university consistently playing FCS football at a high level and they have a rich 100+ year football history.

Ron Wellman is a man who has dedicated his entire career to Wake Forest University. He could have used Wake Forest as a stepping stone to a bigger higher profile job but he didn't. He made Wake Forest home and he made its programs more than most of us ever imagined possible. His fingerprints are all over this university with the Deacon tower, the record Deacon club membership, the soccer stadium, the tennis complex (complete with a showcase professional tournament), the golf complex and so many more positives. It's an insult to Wake Forest University, its students, its student-athletes and its alumni to denigrate the 2 decades of service Ron Wellman has given this university.

In my opinion, the man has made one mistake in 22 years. He hired Jeff [Redacted]. If he would Fire Jeff [Redacted], that mistake would be rectified. Any target other than Jeff [Redacted] makes us appear to be the spoiled brats the administration has made us out to be all along. It's Jeff [Redacted] with the 11% approval rating, not Ron Wellman!

The administration would like nothing better than have us chase Ron Wellman. He's not going anywhere and we look foolish for the effort. Use a little common sense and remember how this mission began. FIRE JEFF [Redacted]!!!

Back