• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any place to watch or listen to game tonight?

For outside the area..

Thanks.......

If you have Time Warner Cable then you get ESPN 3 online. It's actually a great picture most of the time. Sometimes Espn 3 games can be found on your tv on some weird channel like "ESVP 1" or something. I didn't even know it existed and even when you go to the channel it'll say "upcoming events" (which means a channel search wont uncover the game) but then you click on the channel and voila, Wake Forest getting ran by Presbyterian.

old-man-at-computer.jpg

I always get nervous if I get ESPN3 or not. Sometimes the account works and sometimes it doesn't at my apartment. I think the last time I used it was for the Wake-Presby football game.

so many better things to do on a Friday night.

There are only two possible outcomes if I were to watch this travesty.

We win, and it irritates me because winning against Colgate will be viewed as progress by those in charge of WFU basketball.

We lose, and it irritates me because losing against Colgate will be viewed as unsurprising by everyone else.

Yup. Embarrassed that a win against Colgate is #progress or embarrassed that we lost to fucking Colgate.

There are only two possible outcomes if I were to watch this travesty.

We win, and it irritates me because winning against Colgate will be viewed as progress by those in charge of WFU basketball.

We lose, and it irritates me because losing against Colgate will be viewed as unsurprising by everyone else.

I think this is a mindset that is going to turn you off to Wake sports forever. One with this mindset might say, "No, I'll be happy when Bz is fired!" But I don't think that's true, because you'll still have RW making the next hire. Then you'll argue that you'll be happy once RW is gone, but that's also not true, because you'll still have Hatch to deal with. Then when Hatch is gone it will be the Board of Trustees that will be the focus of your ire. It's never ending. Flip it. Cheer for the Deacs. Have fun. It's college basketball after all...

By the way, Kent, this is in no means directed at only you. There are obviously several on here that share your mindset. And obviously you can think however you want. Also, thanks for creating the initial boards in the first place - they sure are an interesting place to exchange ideas and interact!

Last edited:
so many better things to do on a Friday night.

So much this.

5 years ago I would have avoided doing anything else tonight so I could watch online at home to get a first peak at the new team because I was so excited about the season.

Now, it slipped my mind until checking the boards that tonight was opening night. I have no desire to watch the game now and even if I'm at home at any point when it is on will likely make no effort to turn it on.

The only acceptable outcome is to win big...however that will irritate me because I know it will make Wellman happy. A close win would be terrible because [Redacted] still gets credit for a W yet we barely scrape by a pathetic toothpaste team. I'd much rather lose than win close because of the scorched earth reasons will hasten [Redacted]'s departure and give me a glimmer of hope that it could possibly happen before Christmas.

I think this is a mindset that is going to turn you off to Wake sports forever. One with this mindset might say, "No, I'll be happy when Bz is fired!" But I don't think that's true, because you'll still have RW making the next hire. Then you'll argue that you'll be happy once RW is gone, but that's also not true, because you'll still have Hatch to deal with. Then when Hatch is gone it will be the Board of Trustees that will be the focus of your ire. It's never ending. Flip it. Cheer for the Deacs. Have fun. It's college basketball after all...!

It's strange that you're projecting words and thoughts onto people with which you don't agree. I disagree. It will end. When Buzz is gone AND a competent replacement is hired, I'll be back. If Wellman isn't gone, I'll still be upset at that, but I'll be excited about Wake Forest basketball again despite it.

I was going to watch tonight but I then I realized that I don't want to.

I think this is a mindset that is going to turn you off to Wake sports forever. One with this mindset might say, "No, I'll be happy when Bz is fired!" But I don't think that's true, because you'll still have RW making the next hire. Then you'll argue that you'll be happy once RW is gone, but that's also not true, because you'll still have Hatch to deal with. Then when Hatch is gone it will be the Board of Trustees that will be the focus of your ire. It's never ending. Flip it. Cheer for the Deacs. Have fun. It's college basketball after all...

By the way, Kent, this is in no means directed at only you. There are obviously several on here that share your mindset. And obviously you can think however you want. Also, thanks for creating the initial boards in the first place - they sure are an interesting place to exchange ideas and interact!

No worries and no offense taken.

All I want is for Wellman, Hatch and crew to stop fucking around and actually spend their time and effort trying to be good instead of trying to tell us why we can't be good or trying to convince us that bad is actually the so-called honorable fan's good. They treat athletics like it's some secret Freemason ritual that no one can fully know or understand. It's not. If we had honest, qualified people doing their best and being honest about it, I could handle losing.

No worries and no offense taken.

All I want is for Wellman, Hatch and crew to stop fucking around and actually spend their time and effort trying to be good instead of trying to tell us why we can't be good or trying to convince us that bad is actually the so-called honorable fan's good. They treat athletics like it's some secret Freemason ritual that no one can fully know or understand. It's not. If we had honest, qualified people doing their best and being honest about it, I could handle losing.

Don't bring the brotherhood into this. We are transparent compared to these assclowns.

5 years ago I would have avoided doing anything else tonight so I could watch online at home to get a first peak at the new team because I was so excited about the season.

Now, it slipped my mind until checking the boards that tonight was opening night. I have no desire to watch the game now and even if I'm at home at any point when it is on will likely make no effort to turn it on.

I was going to watch tonight but I then I realized that I don't want to.

Wife is 9mo preg. Not many better options so ill be watching unless I drink the rest of this 12 pack by 7 and pass out.

Back