• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lions Hire Jim Caldwell as Head Coach

timdunkandthefunk

Rusty Larue
Reaction score
Wow.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Detroit Lions are hiring Jim Caldwell as their head coach, per a league source.
Expand

Basically

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 1m
Caldwell: 26-63 at Wake Forest, QB coach for Peyton, 14-2, 10-6 (with that timeout), 2-14 with Colts, Ravens OC in late 2012-2013.

Wow.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Detroit Lions are hiring Jim Caldwell as their head coach, per a league source.
Expand

According to ESPN's Adam Caplan, if Jim Caldwell gets the Lions head coaching job, he could add Jim Tressel to his offensive staff.

Congratulations to Caldwell. He should be an inspiration to all of us that if you screw up in your 30s, latch on to a great mentor, work hard, and you'll get back on top.

I was under the impression that he was only a Rooney Rule candidate based on this board, not that he was a Super Bowl OC to be hired for a job the next year.

According to ESPN's Adam Caplan, if Jim Caldwell gets the Lions head coaching job, he could add Jim Tressel to his offensive staff.

Well, I have to agree, that would add to his offensive staff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He is very fortunate to be the answer to the question, "Who is the ultimate anti-Schwartz?"

Best wishes to Gentleman Jim the First.

Congratulations to Caldwell. He should be an inspiration to all of us that if you screw up in your 30s, latch on to a great mentor, work hard, and you'll get back on top.

I was under the impression that he was only a Rooney Rule candidate based on this board, not that he was a Super Bowl OC to be hired for a job the next year.

Truth. There's no Peyton Manning asterisk next to the Ravens Super Bowl season and it should tip the scales of public opinion of whether Caldwell is actually a really good coach. But whether you think he's a good coach, there is no question that he is a good man who reflects positively on Wake Forest and we should applaud, instead of mock, this decision.

Truth. There's no Peyton Manning asterisk next to the Ravens Super Bowl season and it should tip the scales of public opinion of whether Caldwell is actually a really good coach. But whether you think he's a good coach, there is no question that he is a good man who reflects positively on Wake Forest and we should applaud, instead of mock, this decision.

:golfclap: This.

Good luck to Coach Caldwell, and would love to see him get his 2nd Super Bowl ring. IMO, he is a major upgrade over Jim Schwartz. Bringing Tressel makes sense as they worked together in Indy. Will be interesting to see how he puts together the staff.

Back