• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

He Gone ..., right?

you don't keep a coach because every once in a while another team has an off night against him.

Ron knows that he conned the "fat wallet" crowd once (culture BS) and I bet this win gives him the balls to try and con them again. I really don't think his ego will let him admit he was/is wrong...if there is even a sliver of hope that he can be proven right, he will take it and in his mind, this gives him that sliver.

Bzzz will be back if we are competitive against Miami and in the ACCT. The only way he isn't back is if we get boat raced vs. Miami and against what ever other bottom feeder we play in the tourney.

You are full of shit.

just to be sure, maybe we can contact the "fuck you, buddy" guy in miami and make sure he gets under bzz's skin again

Good coach and "good coach in a lot of ways but can't motivate" are obviously not the same thing. Not sure why you read it as if they are. Issues?

Jeff [Redacted] has a career losing record. His only successes are a decent AF team of another coaches players (then he left them in shambles after not recruiting for two years) and an OK year in 5 the nba with carmelo followed by a disastrous start to the following season. There is zero evidence that he is a "good coach that can't motivate." Try and give him any credit you can. All I see is his team performing the same way year in and year out at multiple stops. Same results.

Jesus Christ, you guys can't even lose right.....nice little run to end the season, now go win a game or two in the tourney and save your coach!

You guys better be praying to whichever higher power you hold dear that Clemson is not in your path in the ACC Tourney, because we are a laughable low seed and the Fightin' Buzzdicks have already shown they can beat us...

Last night further accentuated how much [Redacted] needs to go. Clearly, we have had enough talent to compete if the team play with emotion, inspiration, and complete effort. Unfortunately the only times we have seen this the past 4 years are rare cases at home, in big games, where the players are able to receive motivation from factors other than the head coach. At home, our players have familiarity, have friends and family in attendance, have cheerleaders, a pep band, the home "crowd". At home, is where, on occasion, teams are able to play at a higher level, not due to our head coach, but due to their own ability to motivate themselves, whether it is a combination of the above, senior night for Travis, etc.

A good head coach is able to motivate his teams, consistently to play at or about their abilities, on a nightly basis. The body of Buzz's work over the past 7 clearly shows he is incapable of motivating his teams to play at a high level. Especially on the road, where a coach has to energize and motivate his team in order to overcome the challenges on the road, [Redacted] been a miserable failure at historical levels.

I was glad to see a win last night for the players, especially Travis, but in no way should that one anomaly, lead anyone to believe that [Redacted] has all of a sudden become he head coach we need in the future. In addition to being able to motivate, we must have a head coach who can communicate with supporters, communicate effectively with the media, play a positive role in fundraising, and be able to effectively recruit and be a closer on highly sought after recruits. This is not [Redacted]. Never has been, never will be.

Last edited:
This is like a stroll down memory lane. Who is going to post next? Demun?

Just when I was beginning to dare to hope that he will be gone, this happens. It's the Miami game from last year all over again. Tonight Ron Wellman is laughing his ass off. And tomorrow he will be preparing to renew Buzz's contract.
Facepalm

Hopefully the decision makers look at it this way - last night demonstrated what this team could have been with the right coach. This team has lacked motivation and inspiration. A great team, no, but a team capable of more than Buzz can get out of them.

Edit - I.e. what '73 said.

A run would require winning more than 1 game.

Yep. Only twice before has Bz won back to back ACC games - last year winning vs. UVA and vs. BC in mid-January and this year winning @ VT and vs. Notre Dame in late-January. And, lest we forget, after we upset #2 Miami last year, we lost by 14 at FSU; after we upset #18 NC State, the @ GT game happened and we lost by 20.

All that to say, @ Miami this weekend ought to be same song, different verse for Bz. An away game where we get smoked in embarrassing fashion.

He's gone. As others have said, this just gives Wellman something to crow about at the resignation party... I mean presser.

The hugely embarrassing blowout in Chapel Hill still echoes in any true Demon Deac's mind, that burn was not healed by the balm of beating Duke last night.

Ron knows that he conned the "fat wallet" crowd once (culture BS) and I bet this win gives him the balls to try and con them again. I really don't think his ego will let him admit he was/is wrong...if there is even a sliver of hope that he can be proven right, he will take it and in his mind, this gives him that sliver.

Bzzz will be back if we are competitive against Miami and in the ACCT. The only way he isn't back is if we get boat raced vs. Miami and against what ever other bottom feeder we play in the tourney.

Disagree. I think ron has already made up his mind. Heavens yes was said in feb last year. No comments made yet and no way there would be leaks coming from ad dept if wellman didnt want them to. Additionally bz walked right out last night who wouldnt stay and celebrate? Writing is on the wall.

one key factor to remember is that last year we still were paying off Dino's buyout and as a result there was no way in hell that Wake was going to pay three bball coaches at the same time. We have completed the DIno financial requirements.

If he isn't gone, I expect the meltdown to rival the one when he was initially hired.

We will lose at Miami in front of 673 fans and then in first round of ACCT. Hopefully that will be the end of this sad era.

Back