• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Board's Fantasy Baseball League -Season 12?

My biggest fuck up was taking Mauer thinking he had catcher eligibility. Someone took Russell Martin from me.

Mookie went so high, but that 2b eligibility, could STILL provide value.

My biggest fuck up was taking Mauer thinking he had catcher eligibility. Someone took Russell Martin from me.

Mookie went so high, but that 2b eligibility, could STILL provide value.

Forgot about Mookie- really wanted him too, and almost had him.

I was kindda surprised that closers went so early. I was panicking because I was watching them all fly off the board and had to wait another 256 picks before I could pick again.

I was kindda surprised that closers went so early. I was panicking because I was watching them all fly off the board and had to wait another 256 picks before I could pick again.

I think it has to do with Yahoo's rankings. Both Chapman and Kimbrel were rated somewhere around 60. So people see that, and think, "ok, sure, I'll get one." Then others think "hmmm, I need saves too." Plus, closers are notoriously hard to draft because a closer in April might be middle relief by June, and vice versa. So the top closers (Chapman, Holland, Kimbrel, Robertson, Cishek, etc.) really are valuable because it's a fairly safe assumption that they'll still be closing in September.

I'd love to see a draft though that used a different metric for listing the players, as I bet that has a lot to do with draft order.

Yeah I probably grabbed Mookie a bit higher than I really wanted to, but man, I like his upside at 2B.

I am Satan's Helpers.

PeeweesBigAdven_154Pyxurz.jpg

I was totally all set to take Giancarlo Stanton with the 4th pick, so Black Marlins threw me a bit by snagging him there. Otherwise, same old shit with me putting dudes in my queue, then when I go to draft them, I realize they've disappeared and DeacinVermont, that snake in the motherfucking grass, had just taken them. I drafted Ben Zobrist pretty much 90% out of spite for the Milk Cow State Muchacho.

I totally felt the hate in that Zobrist pick. The only reason I grabbed Choo was as an "I see you" move.

So what was the verdict on the 30 second limit for draft picks? It seemed a little quick to me and that 45 seconds may be a bit better, but I'd welcome thoughts on that for next season.

So what was the verdict on the 30 second limit for draft picks? It seemed a little quick to me and that 45 seconds may be a bit better, but I'd welcome thoughts on that for next season.

Personally I'd like a bit more time. I felt really rushed a few times because I'd have a few guys I had my eye on and then they'd get taken and then all of a sudden i'm scrambling freaking the fuck out to try to find my next pick. I liked that the overall draft time was so short but I wouldn't have minded a bit more time.

I'm just now realizing 8 of my 9 pitchers are in the AL West. Guess I won't be watching many of their starts.

Dang, season hasn't even started and I already lost my RP1 in Joaquin Benoit, who becomes a fantastic set-up man to Kimbrel.

Sweet Christ, May 5 and DeacinVermont already has this thing wrapped up.

It has been a month, so now I'm thinking trades. Looking to swap bats for arms. I don't take haggling personally which means I'm comfortable with a lot of back-and-forth only to end up walking away from a deal with no hurt feelings.

Specifically, I've got Yelich and Puig coming off the DL in the next week and will have a logjam that will force me to cut the bottom of my outfield. There are some useful pieces in there, but I don't expect to trade players I just picked up off the wire. I'll trade a Puig, Freeman, Carlos Santana, etc. if the pitcher is good enough.

who is black marlins? Great job dropping Russell Martin for Blake Swihart so that DeacInVermont can use the #1 waiver claim on him. Hope Swihart works out real nice for you.

ETA: oh its Rev. sorry Rev, but wtf?

Last edited:
who is black marlins? Great job dropping Russell Martin for Blake Swihart so that DeacInVermont can use the #1 waiver claim on him. Hope Swihart works out real nice for you.

ETA: oh its Rev. sorry Rev, but wtf?

Crap. Had no idea that I did that. Was trying to make a move on my phone and thought I dropped someone else (I think I was going to drop McGehee). Damn.

Back