• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#FIRE RON WELLMAN

Sarcasm does not come across well in print and the Manning rumors have nerves on edge. Perhaps I am not solely to blame for the friendly-fire negrep.
Facepalm

Who said I was sarcastic? This is message board, damnit. Highly serious business this.

Regardless of the new coach (unless he pulls an elite coach out of thin air), Wellman needs to go. He's caused way too much damage at Wake Forest and cannot be allowed to continue his reign. He got some nice buildings built, but he also presided over the demise of the flagship sport and allowed the football program to squander any momentum for the ACC Championship. Make a DVD for Ron Wellman's time at Wake and call it "Missed Opportunities: The Life and Work of Ronald Wellman."

Bump. We just threw away seven years of basketball because of this guy's mistakes and lack of accountability.

I feel sorry for the poor S.O.B. who calls me tonight asking for a pledge for the Wake Will campaign. I've avoided taking the call four straight nights.

Not tonight.

Regardless of the new coach (unless he pulls an elite coach out of thin air), Wellman needs to go. He's caused way too much damage at Wake Forest and cannot be allowed to continue his reign. He got some nice buildings built, but he also presided over the demise of the flagship sport and allowed the football program to squander any momentum for the ACC Championship. Make a DVD for Ron Wellman's time at Wake and call it "Missed Opportunities: The Life and Work of Ronald Wellman."

#NeverForget.

I am not giving one more cent to Wake athletics until Wellman is gone.

go to games, support the team, buy tickets.

Do not support Wake Will until Wellman is gone. They did not listen about [Redacted] until money stopped coming in.

I can get down with this. Although I'd add Hatch to Wellman.

This is why Bzdel!k left. Our fan base just shows no patience. Give Wellman some time.

PS- the [name redacted] shit is stupid.

$Over 4Mill. and nothing to show for it. How many millions do you feel it would have taken for Bz to show a Profit???

This thread sucks. I despise Wellman, but nobody is firing him, and acting petulant isn't going to change that. Firing Bz was going to happen, so putting the heat on made a lot of sense. At this point everyone knows Wellman isn't going anywhere, so it is not the best look for a school to have their fans calling for firing the AD in the middle of a search for a basketball coach.

This thread sucks. I despise Wellman, but nobody is firing him, and acting petulant isn't going to change that. Firing Bz was going to happen, so putting the heat on made a lot of sense. At this point everyone knows Wellman isn't going anywhere, so it is not the best look for a school to have their fans calling for firing the AD in the middle of a search for a basketball coach.

Really? This thread is what's "not the best look" for Wake right now?

I'll agree the situation is more delicate. It's not easy to call for the AD's head without implicitly calling for the head of whoever he hires, however it can and should be done. The best way to do that is to vocally withhold money from #WakeWill until Wellman is gone.

Are people being paid to use the word "petulant"? This is like a first-grader finally learning BIG words that have more than one syllable.

Really? This thread is what's "not the best look" for Wake right now?

I'll agree the situation is more delicate. It's not easy to call for the AD's head without implicitly calling for the head of whoever he hires, however it can and should be done. The best way to do that is to vocally withhold money from #WakeWill until Wellman is gone.

Not gonna work. Wellman is here until he wants to go. You can scream and moan all you want, but he isn't going anywhere. Scorched earth works for a coach, it doesn't work for a guy with as much tenure and equity in the BOT as Wellman. Besides, you aren't going to get Wellman fired before he hires this coach, and he is going to retire before he hires the next coach, so your whining isn't going to do anything but put negative energy into the program.

Just forget about Wellman. Don't mention him, don't think about him....it will be better for your sanity, and it will allow you to enjoy what is left of Wake Forest basketball.

It's past time to let him go. Here's hoping Manning has a good year and Ron can resign.

Danny Manning. Danny fucking Manning. How....how the fuck has it come to this?

Back